Topic: Enlarging the main image when clicked

Hi,
is there anyway to enlarge the image to fullscreen when the main image is clicked? (for example like a lightbox type feature?).

When using fixed lay-out, the fullscreen option isn't very good. The main image does not fill the whole screen, which renders the option pretty much useless.

My client needs a way to enlarge the images when needed for detailed view.

with kind regards,
Thomas.

Re: Enlarging the main image when clicked

The imageClickMode option support 3 options openURL, navigate and none. You may be able to use the openURL with the SimpleViewer API and some additional JavaScript to open the image in a modal window such as lightbox.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

How would we apply a 'rel' attribute to every image (not thumb) that is displayed?

So - when a thumb is clicked the full size image is shown on the canvas. When the full size image is clicked (and set to OPEN_URL), a rel attribute is automatically added to the image in question.

Depending on the Model script you are using they often have other methods besides using rels to open the window through JavaScript functions.

http://www.shadowbox-js.com/api.html

Mike Richards

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I'm not trying to be rude, but you didn't really answer my question. I do not intend to use Shadowbox but Lightbox - and for that I need to set a rel attribute for every image. Where would I change the code?

@kasperb I don't know much about Lightbox, but the only way I know that you could use a rel in SimpleViewer is to use anchor tags from the caption. Beyond that you would need to use the SimpleViewer API and JavaScript to work with the script you are using.

Please note that the SimpleViewer-Pro API is provided 'as-is' to allow people with programming experience to use as required. We cannot offer support for all possible uses of the API.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … t/api.html

Mike Richards

Hi Mike,

My question was aimed at a change in the SV core files without using the SV API. When you apply the OPEN_URL option for click on the current image, the source code creating the URL to open the specific image must be written somewhere. I want to add a rel attribute to that code - I just don't know where to locate it? smile

When you apply the OPEN_URL option for click on the current image, the source code creating the URL to open the specific image must be written somewhere. I want to add a rel attribute to that code - I just don't know where to locate it?

The SimpleViewer Source is not include with the SimpleViewer Pro version 2.x.

Mike Richards

Isn't the URL dynamically generated through PHP?

No it comes from the simpleviewer.swf.

Mike Richards