Topic: Upgrading from SimpleViewer-Std 2.1.2 to SimpleViewer-Pro 2.1.2

I downloaded SimpleViewer-Std 2.1.2 a few days ago and tried it out, liked it, and have purchased SimpleViewer-Pro 2.1.2

I have removed SimpleViewer-Std from my system and installed SimpleViewer-Pro.

It occurred to me that I might want to modified the gallery that I created while trying out SimpleViewer-Std to add the AutoStart capability of SimplerViewer-Pro and to make other cosmetic changes.

How would I go about doing that? Can I just load the gallery in svBuilder, make the changes, and re-save it?

thanks, -john-

Re: Upgrading from SimpleViewer-Std 2.1.2 to SimpleViewer-Pro 2.1.2

Can I just load the gallery in svBuilder, make the changes, and re-save it?

Yes. Just open the existing gallery in svBuilder-Pro, make the changes you require and save the gallery.
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … grade.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Your upgrade support page speaks of a multi-step process to upgrade an existing gallery, copying, renaming index pages, etc. (see below):

To upgrade your gallery, follow these steps:

1. Make a copy of your existing gallery folder.
   2. Run svBuilder-Pro v2.1.2 and use it to open your copied gallery folder.
   3. Go to the Publish panel and click 'Save'. To avoid overwriting your existing HTML, enter a different name as the Index Page Name.
   4. Your gallery has now been upgraded to v2.1.2. To embed a v2.1.2 gallery into an existing HTML page, check here.

Why is this all this necessary. Can't I just load the existing gallery in the Pro version of svBuilder, and then save to the same location?

thanks for the clarification, -john-

If you are upgrading from a recent version of SimpleViewer say 2.1 you can simply replace the existing svCore folder in your gallery with the new svCore folder that comes with the new download and clear your browser's cache. However if you are using a SimpleViewer 1.x or SimpleViewer 2.0.x there have been some change that this upgrade process takes care of.  Additionally upgrading from standard to Pro with in the same version the reason you would follow the process is so you can more easily take care advantage of the added features.

Mike Richards

Just opening the gallery in svBuilder-Pro, making the changes, saving it and clearing my browser's cache did the trick!

Thanks for such prompt help. Your folks are great!

-john-

p.s. while evaluating SimpleViewer-Std I crawled around the techsupport forums a lot, and was very impressed by the responsiveness. It was a major element in deciding to purchase the Pro version.

Last edited by jloram (2011-02-18 02:41:24)

I crawled around the techsupport forums a lot, and was very impressed by the responsiveness.

Good to hear. Thanks!

Felix Turner