Topic: Advice on upgrading required

I need a simple slideshow maker and have downloaded Autoviewer.  I'd like to be able to have more control over XML gallery  options eg remove image number and auto start the slideshow and realise this requires an upgrade.  However I dont have Macromedia Flash and cant afford it!  Is there any point upgrading then because, unless I'm missing something big here it seems I wouldn't  be able to use the additional XML options that come with the Pro version anyway!

Last edited by jimgardner (2011-02-18 12:47:54)

Re: Advice on upgrading required

You can download a 30 trial of Macromedia Flash Pro and make the changes you need to make and you will be all set.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That was my immediate thought but that only works once doesn't it.  What about future config changes?  I've been here before where trial software expires and I cant re-install the trial a second time.  It does appear a little restrictive to provide a Pro version giving you additional config options but then only allow you to use those features you've paid for if you have already purchased other. much more expensive software!

Usually once you setup a gallery you don't have to make any changes, so you would not need Flash Pro again. Additionally if you have an understanding for ActionScript you could make some basic changes to the source that comes with AutoViewer Pro, so that the AutoViewer Pro options could be set in the XML. If you don't feel this would work for you I would suggest trying SimpleViewer as you do not need Flash Pro to change setting in SimpleViewer Pro.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.