Topic: Multiple Galleries with menu on Own HTML

Forgive me, I am new to SimpleViewer and have gone dizzy working through the forums. I have a (I think) simple pre-sales question: Can I place Simpleviewer Pro on my own HTML page and show a menu to select and show only one gallery at a time. I do NOT want to use iframes.

If I can, do you have any specific instructions. Again, forgive me if this is covered somewhere, but I think I have only seen bits of it covered. I should add I have no flash authoring software or experience.

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Multiple Galleries with menu on Own HTML

Take a look at the 'Using a Resizable Gallery With a Header' examples here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #resizable
Both examples demonstrate a menu to select one of two different galleries and neither use iframes.
The examples can be downloaded and modified to suit your needs.
To upgrade a sample gallery to Pro, replace the 'svcore' folder in the gallery with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_212/web/svcore/').

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for your speedy and helpful reply. I saw the option that you have indicated but doubted if it met my needs. Here's my current gallery: www.loubetaspyrenees.com/en/photo-gallery.html. The gallery has a menu album and is in a div within the right column div - I am not interested in flexing the gallery - I definitely want if fixed as 750 x 500 (all my images are sized to that), and filling the whole div width of 750 px. I am not clear whether your example can be made to work like that. I quite like the gallery I have b ut the loading time of photos and hence the timer is too slow (even after reducing photo file sizes) and I am hoping your preloading will speed things up (and give me more options for making other galleries).

I did notice a reference in one of the FAQs to simpleviewer pro being able to take multiple galleries in one fla movie, but I don't know whether I would need flash authoring software to do it, or whether that would actually do what I want. I am only interested in the PRO verision, by the way, and would buy the svManager if I knew I could get what I wanted through it.

Kind regards,

Peter

It would be relatively easy to set up a single page with a menu which targets an <iframe> with a selected gallery.
However, you do not wish to use <iframes> so an alternative would be to create different pages, each page containing the complete menu and a separate gallery (which is what the examples in the link I posted essentially do).
(There would be no need to use jQuery to resize dynamically if you want the gallery to be a fixed size.)
Create the first page with the menu and one gallery, then use this as a template to create the other pages, changing only the gallery from page to page.

There are several imagePreloading options available. It sounds like you are already familiar with these options.
With regard to image size vs speed, 750x500px should be fine.  We recommend images for the web should be less than 1024x1024px and less than 500kb.

I did notice a reference in one of the FAQs to simpleviewer pro being able to take multiple galleries in one fla movie, but I don't know whether I would need flash authoring software to do it

This would require Adobe Flash and a knowledge of ActionScript.

Using svManager, you would be able to have a menu of galleries (with a thumbnail and title for each) but integrating multiple galleries in your own website with your own menu would still require work.

Incidentally, I should, perhaps, have pointed you to this link instead: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#multiple
... but the example is very similar.

Steven Speirs

Steven, you have been very fast in replying and very helpful - both important to a would-be user! - thank you.

I had seen that last page, but needed your explanation to make more sense of it in relation to my needs.

I have enough to chew on and will come back to you if I have any more questions. I assume I can't download Pro and svManager to do a test of everything? But I have seen that I can get a refund within 14 days as described on your site. So, if I can't download trial versions of both Pro and svManager, if I bought the 2 products, and found that even with your help I couldn't get it to do what I wanted to my satisfaction, would I be able to get a full refund?

Kind regards,

Peter

Yes, indeed.  See the Money Back Guarantee on this page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/

If for any reason SimpleViewer-Pro does not meet your requirements, please email us within 14 days of your order and we'll try to resolve any issues. If we are not able to resolve your issues, we will give you a 100% refund.

In terms of embedding SimpleViewer in a page and integrating it into your website, the methods employed are the same for both the Standard and Pro versions so you could experiment with the Standard version of SimpleViewer (before purchasing the Pro version), downloadable from this page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/
For reference, the SimpleViewer Embedding Guide can be found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … dding.html

Also, you can try the on-line demonstration of svManager. You can browse the screens and try-out the features. Some functionality is disabled in the demo version and changes you make will not be saved.

Steven Speirs

Will do exactly as you recommend. Thank you very much indeed.

Peter