Topic: Watermark positioning problem + background image only in fullscreen

Hi,
I've purchased svPro and I like it very much!
I have a problem with the watermark position...
When the gallery is loaded and the first image is displayed, the watermark is in a wrong position, outside the image (I think whitout considering paddings and borders).
When I change the displayed image, the watermark goes in the right position and remains there...
How can I fix this?

The watermark is a png image...

Another question: can I set up the gallery to use a background image only in fullscreen? I want transparent bg on normal mode and a bg image in fullscreen mode. It is possible??

Thank you!

Re: Watermark positioning problem + background image only in fullscreen

When the gallery is loaded and the first image is displayed, the watermark is in a wrong position, outside the image (I think whitout considering paddings and borders).
When I change the displayed image, the watermark goes in the right position and remains there...
How can I fix this?

Please post the URL of the gallery so we can take a look.

Another question: can I set up the gallery to use a background image only in fullscreen? I want transparent bg on normal mode and a bg image in fullscreen mode. It is possible??

SimpleViewer does not support using a background image only in fullscreen, however you may be able to get it to work using the API if you are comfortable using JavaScript.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for the quick reply!
Now, the gallery is not online, so I have no url to post...I think in the next week i'll publish it.
These are the xml settings.:

resizeOnImport="true"
    cropToFit="true"
    useFlickr="false"
    backgroundTransparent="true"
    galleryStyle="MODERN"
    frameWidth="10"
    thumbColumns="2"
    thumbRows="3"
    showOpenButton="false"
    stageHPadding="20"
    enableMouseWheel="true"
    imageScaleMode="SCALE_UP"
    imageDropShadow="true"
    imageTransitionType="FLASH"
    flashBrightness="2"
    imageNavScale="1"
    showBigPlayButton="false"
    showThumbVisited="true"
    thumbFrameStyle="SQUARE"
    changeCaptionOnHover="false"
    changeImageOnHover="false"
    thumbNavStyle="CIRCLE"
    showNavButtons="false"
    showAutoPlayButton="false"
    buttonBarPosition="LEFT"
    buttonBarVAlign="CENTER"
    buttonBarHAlign="CENTER"
    titleDropShadow="false"
    captionFontName="Helvetica,Arial,_sans"
    captionTextAlignment="LEFT"
    backgroundScale="STRETCH"
    watermarkURL="http://www.gallosnc.it/img/watermark.png"
    watermarkVAlign="TOP"
    watermarkPadding="15"
    enableAPI="true"

About the js API...where can I find the API documentation?? Thank you!

Is the first picture similar in dimensions to the other images?

You can find the API documentation here:
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … t/api.html

Mike Richards

In the gallery there are both horizontal and vertical images...maybe I will post a screenshot when the problem show up.

How can I control the background image by the API?

I've tried to capture the screenshot and...when I pressed the PRINT-SCREEN button the watermark went in the rigth position!!

????

Thank you!

I've tried to capture the screenshot and...when I pressed the PRINT-SCREEN button the watermark went in the rigth position!!

That sounds strange.

You can take a look at the API example that comes with the download you can set options using the examples below.

flashvars.backgroundURL = "images/wide.jpg"; 

with actionscript you can use

var options:Object = Object(svLoader.content).embedOptions;    
options.maxImageWidth="2000";

Or

svAPI.setOption( opt, val);
Mike Richards

I've captured the screenshot...this time with the watermark in the wrong position...
you can view it at http://www.gallosnc.it/img/screenshot.jpg

OK, I can set/unset the option backgroundURL via JS...but...There is an event fired when the user enter/exit the fullscreen mode?
I wish I could listen to such event and change backgroundURL accordingly to the state of the fullscreen mode.

Thank you.

whats the gallery URL?

Felix Turner

SimpleViewer does not have a built-in fullscreen event listener, but you can use either ActionScript, see below, or JavaScript using window.focus() to detect the fullscreen state.

ActionScript

import flash.display.StageDisplayState; 
this.stage.addEventListener(Event.RESIZE, this.handleStageResize); 
function handleStageResize(e:Event):void {     
    if (stage.displayState == StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN) {
        //Do your full screen stuff
    }else {
        //Do your back to normal screen stuff
    }
}
Mike Richards

Mike Richards wrote:

SimpleViewer does not have a built-in fullscreen event listener, but you can use either ActionScript, see below, or JavaScript using window.focus() to detect the fullscreen state.

Thank you for your interest...
I'm not familiar with ActionScript...how may I use the window.focus() method in order to get the fullscreen state??

Finally, I've uploaded online the website (with the galleries)...http://www.gallosnc.it.

What browser are you using that you see the watermark problem? Does it happen every time or is it a specific gallery or situation?

how may I use the window.focus() method in order to get the fullscreen state?

When in the fullscreen mode the window focus should be out away from the browser.

By the way Google Chrome gets a JavaScript error and your site does not function.

Ajax Error in showPage(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'documentElement' of null

Mike Richards

Mike Richards wrote:

What browser are you using that you see the watermark problem? Does it happen every time or is it a specific gallery or situation?

I use Firefox 3.6.12...the problem seems to be random! I can't identify a specific situation/gallery...

Mike Richards wrote:

When in the fullscreen mode the window focus should be out away from the browser.

With window.focus() I can only set the focus on the window...I can listen to the focus change event using

window.onfocus=function(){document.title="FOCUSED"; setBackground()}
window.onblur=function(){document.title="NOT FOCUSED"; unsetBackground()}

Unfortunatly...if the user is viewing the gallery in normal mode (no fullscreen) and give focus to another window, the background image is always set with setBackground()...but I think there is no solution to this problem... Maybe in the future you may provide an option to set the possibility to have a background image only in fullscreen.
In the meantime, tomorrow I'll try the JS solution with the svAPI!!

Mike Richards wrote:

By the way Google Chrome gets a JavaScript error and your site does not function.
Ajax Error in showPage(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'documentElement' of null

Thank you for reporting the problem...There was a problem in Ajax XML parsing with Chrome...(a strange security restriction...)...now you can view the gallery in the page "Prodotti"