Topic: How can I add pics to this gallery?

www.varsityphotos.net/sarah/sarah_main.htm

When I go to open the existing files in the svBuilder-Pro interface, I can't see the gallery.xml.

Re: How can I add pics to this gallery?

When opening a gallery in svBuilder-Pro, ensure that the gallery's XML file is named 'gallery.xml' and that it is located in the root of the gallery folder.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven,
When I try to open the existing saved files, I only see these folders:
images
svcore
thumbs

...and I can't see the gallery or index files. Help I'm stuck.

When opening an existing gallery in svBuilder-Pro, the 'Browse for Folder' window shows only folders, not files.
Can you see the 'gallery.xml' and HTML index file when you open the folder in Windows Explorer?
What actually happens when you try opening the gallery (by navigating towards the gallery folder) in svBuilder-Pro?

Steven Speirs

I have the same issue, so I thought I'd add here rather than make a new thread.
To answer the above questions,

my gallery.xml file is in my web folder which is in my simpleviewer_211 folder, nothing renamed.
When I open the gallery.xml file, I get a whole lot of coding which starts with that -> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>  - <simpleviewergallery galleryStyle="MODERN...

When I click on 'open gallery', I don't see the gallery.xml file, but when I click okay on the entire 'web' folder selected, I get a gallery with preloaded flower images (wide,tall,wide,tall)

This morning I wasn't thinking and I added the pictures directly into the image folder on FTP, did that mess anything up? *shivers in fear*

Thanks.  smile

When you click 'Open Gallery' and select a gallery folder, svBuilder will look for a file named 'gallery.xml' in that folder and will display all images listed within that file (assuming they are accessible).
If you put images directly into a gallery folder (whether it is on your local hard drive or on your web server), SimpleViewer will not display them until the XML file has been updated to include them.
The 'wide.jpg' and 'tall.jpg' images are the images from the sample 'web' gallery and are listed in the gallery's 'gallery.xml' file.
Your own XML file must either be located somewhere else or named something other than 'gallery.xml' as svBuilder will look for only a file named 'gallery.xml' in the root of the folder that you select when opening a gallery.

Steven Speirs

I deleted the images I added with FTP, didn't do nothing. How do I update the viewer?
Upon installation I moved all folders how they were to my website folder under 'my pictures', but after that I didn't move or rename anything. Should the simpleviewer_211 folder be on 'desktop' with the svBuilder application? Oh and I set the viewer up to be on an existing webpage, in case that makes any difference.

Thank you for your time, btw.

I deleted the images I added with FTP, didn't do nothing.

This is because the images were not listed in the XML file so were not part of the gallery (even though they may have been in the 'images' folder).

How do I update the viewer?

Add or remove images in the svBuilder interface on the 'Images' screen and then 'Save' your gallery on the 'Publish' screen to update the XML file.

Should the simpleviewer_211 folder be on 'desktop' with the svBuilder application?

It does not matter where the gallery folder is located as long as you remember where it is.

By the way, you do not need to modify the sample 'web' gallery.
With svBuilder-Pro, you can create a gallery from scratch and save it in an empty folder.  That way, you can be sure of having no redundant files in your gallery folder.

Also, if you like, you can upgrade to SimpleViewer Pro v2.1.2 (assuming you have purchased SimpleViewer Pro v2).
Upgrades are free within the same major version number so you can download the latest version using the link in your purchase email.  If you cannot find the email or your link has expired, please fill in this for to receive a new link: http://simpleviewer.net/support/admin/upgrade.html

Steven Speirs