Topic: Using my Simpleviewer Pro powered site on iPad

Hello there

I have build a site with Simpleviewer Pro and one of the features that attracted me was the "iPad" compability/HTML5.
I have customized the flash heavily having a flash embedded in the flash in order to add some features that my client needed.

Is there  a workaround, or do I have to build a whole clean simpleviewer site in order to make it display on iPad and still use the same galleries, but using a simpleviewer that would display correctly on iPad?

My other question is, would it be safe to upgrade to the new Simpleviewer 2.1.2, since I have already customized the simpleviewer.swf heavily, so I'm afraid of messing up things.

Any direction would be much appreciated!

Kind Regards Dan

Last edited by blogsabout (2011-02-23 08:33:15)

Re: Using my Simpleviewer Pro powered site on iPad

I have build a site with Simpleviewer Pro and one of the features that attracted me was the "iPad" compability/HTML5.
I have customized the flash heavily having a flash embedded in the flash in order to add some features that my client needed.

Is there  a workaround, or do I have to build a whole clean simpleviewer site in order to make it display on iPad and still use the same galleries, but using a simpleviewer that would display correctly on iPad?

If you use the standard SimpleViewer embed code the non-flash gallery will show when flash is not available.]
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … dding.html

My other question is, would it be safe to upgrade to the new Simpleviewer 2.1.2, since I have already customized the simpleviewer.swf heavily, so I'm afraid of messing up things.

If you are currently using SimpleViewer 2.x you can safely upgrade to 2.1.2, your changes are not made to the simpleviewer.swf they are stored in your gallery.xml. To upgrade open your existing gallery in the latest version of svBuilder Pro and save it again or replace the existing svCore folder in your gallery folder with the svCore folder that comes with the download.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … grade.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Well, as I mentioned due to some costumized features such as sharing an image to facebook, I have embedded one flash into the other and then installed to my wordpress installation
So I suppose that doesn't mean the standard embed into iframe etc.
I needed to add several unique features that simpleviewer doesn't ship with. So when I try to run the site on ipad i get a "doesn't support flash" error.

So my question is simple:
Will I be able to use the original simpleviewer file before I added the other flash file into it, and then have two version sort to speak?
1. One is the original simpleviewer with no other flash embedded into it but simply the version I purchased with you guys
2. My customized file that Have been heavily customized with new features in Flex, meaning that I'm currently running a simpleviewer gallery that has a "2 flash embedded in one file" sort to speak.

My thought was to have some kind of detection when users are using ipad and then show them the "simple" version with no exstra features. The two files should still share the same database and galleries. WOuld that be possible?

Would appreciate any direction.
Thanks a lot
Cheers, Dan

There are a couple options you could try, one would be to use swfobject to embed your flash and put the SimpleViewer embed code inside the div that gets replaced if flash is available, thus if flash is not available the mobile gallery should be displayed. The other option would be to ditch the flash you are embeding SimpleViewer into, use the standard SimpleViewer embed code and implement your extra features in JavaScript.

Using the double embed code would look something like this.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL="svgallery/"; 
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "222222";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("thePathTo/your.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script> 

<div id="flashContent">
<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
</div>