Topic: Gallery not showing correctly on iPad and iPhone?

When I tried out the free version of SimpleViever the gallery did not show thumbnails on iPhone and iPad.
Instead only one picture showed ajusted to the small screen, no thunbnails, no navigation etc. When clicking on it the next picture showed. A great solution I thought!

Now I have upgraded to the proversion and suddenly ALL pics show on the first page as thumbnails, but in not adjusting to the smaller screen so the page becomes huge on the small phone. No navigation and no "main picture"

I have tried to change everything I could think of, but nothing helps!

Please help, this is urgent since I need to publish the site today!

http://www.alexlundh.com/gallery/gallery.htm

Thanx, Annika

Re: Gallery not showing correctly on iPad and iPhone?

When I tried out the free version of SimpleViever the gallery did not show thumbnails on iPhone and iPad.
Instead only one picture showed ajusted to the small screen, no thunbnails, no navigation etc. When clicking on it the next picture showed. A great solution I thought!

This was SimpleViewer version 2.1.1

Now I have upgraded to the proversion and suddenly ALL pics show on the first page as thumbnails, but in not adjusting to the smaller screen so the page becomes huge on the small phone. No navigation and no "main picture"

The current version of SimpleViewer 2.1.2 added thumbnails to the non-flash version. Support for removing the thumbnails will be added in the next version, until then set firstImageIndex="0" in your gallery.xml.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank You, that did in fact remove the thumbnails on the mobile version, but it does not adjust the size depending on the small screen? The image is still way to big and can't be seen in full on iPhone.

I hope we can expect a fast fix and release of the next version! We decided to use yor application because it can be updated easily by someone without webskils and because of the smart solution for iPhone/ iPad!

Right now I am NOT happy spending the money I spent for the pro version!

Annika

If you look at one of our examples on your iphone do you still have issues with resizing?

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … es/modern/

Mike Richards

When looking at your example everything is fine, but I want my gallery to be intergrated within my design on the page. So the gallery is placed in another div-tag. If i use the size 100% in width and height it will float out outside the div-tag and becomes the size of the screen. Witn the rest of the design outside.

I have to put in the exakt size in pixels to make it look good and then it is not working on the iPhone and iPad.

This was not a problem with the previous version so there must be a bug in the newer version. I would very much appreciate if you can fix this asap.
I prefer putting it in a div-tag than Iframe, for obvious reasons!

Another problem is that my client updates the gallery himself and I cannot ask hit so manually change the code in the xml-file. This just have to work!

Thanx, ANnika

When looking at your example everything is fine, but I want my gallery to be intergrated within my design on the page. So the gallery is placed in another div-tag. If i use the size 100% in width and height it will float out outside the div-tag and becomes the size of the screen. Witn the rest of the design outside.
I have to put in the exakt size in pixels to make it look good and then it is not working on the iPhone and iPad.

You can use CSS to position and constrain your gallery and you can build separate CSS documents for desktop browsers and mobile browsers to achieve the effect you want.

This was not a problem with the previous version so there must be a bug in the newer version.

We will take a look to see if there was a change between versions.

Mike Richards

I have now waited over a month for you to get this issue solved, what is happening?
I need this problem to be fixed now and got so tired of waiting that I thought I sholud downgrade to the previous version, but I cannot find it on your site.

Please advice what to do, and when you estimate there will be a fix!

Best regards, Annika

Thank you for your patience, SimpleViewer 2.1.3 is in the works and should fix this issue. I do not have a release date as of yet, but it should be "soon". If you would like to downgrade to SimpleViewer 2.1.1 for the time being please email support@simpleviewer.net and explain that you need the older version.

Mike Richards

Try using a fixed width and height instead of a percentage.

Felix Turner

Felix, I am using a fixed width already, using the 100% solution is not working within another div as i wrote earlier in this thread!

I have tried all kind of solutions myself and nothing is working, so if you could just get this fixed  ASAP I think it will make a lot of users happier!

Thank you for releasing the fix, finally! I don't know how long it has been out there, but now that I found it everything is looking good also on iPad and iphone!

Wouldn't it be even better if the PRO users could get an e-mail when there is a new update available, in the future??

Thanx!

hi,

to get notifications of new releases please subscribe to our news RSS feed or follow us on Twitter.

Felix Turner