Topic: How to edit Existing gallery

This will be the dumbest question ever i think...but i cannot figure out how to open an existing gallery....I have svBuilder-Pro.

I click on 'Open Gallery', but when i navigate to the folders where all the gallery files are, there is nothing to open???

I'm obviously confused....

Some of the galleries in action that i want to edit --> http://www.ruthbernard.com/NEWSITE/PORT … _land.html

Your help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

THANK you!!

Re: How to edit Existing gallery

You should navigate to the gallery folder on your local drive where you saved your gallery before uploading it ('Gallery Folder' under 'Publish -> Save Gallery').
The gallery folder should contain the 'gallery.xml' file (which should not have been renamed in order for svBuilder-Pro to successfully open the gallery for editing).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I see the gallery.xml file (did not change name) when i view it locally on my machine but when i navigate to the folder that contains the file when in sv i don't see it.... screen shot below , shows my confusion....

http://www.ruthbernard.com/noxmldoc.png

I'm thinking I did not  'Save gallery' perhaps??

Thanks again!!

In your screenshot, the 'Browse for Folder' window shows the 'PORT_Paint_land' folder expanded.
The 'Browse for Folder' window shows only folders (not files) so you will not see any XML files in this window.
However, the Windows Explorer section of the screenshot shows a 'gallery.xml' file inside the 'PORT_Paint_still' folder (a different gallery).
There is no way of knowing if the 'PORT_Paint_land' fodler contains a file named 'gallery.xml'.

Steven Speirs

I think i figured it out..thanks for your time!!

-b

This sounds ridiculous but I can't open my exiting show either. I located the folder but none of the files are able to open they are grayed out and unclickable. Am I suppose to be able to click the xml file or which one is the one that opens?

I have a name.html file a .swf file, gallery.xml, slides folder and thumbs folder and res folder

thanks

The 'res' and 'slides' folders imply that you are using jAlbum to create an album.
If so, what skin are you using and what version number is it?
If using the SimpleViewer skin v5.10.1, you should be able to open a gallery within your album by pointing svBuilder-Pro towards the corresponding folder in your project's output directory.

Steven Speirs

I am using simpleviewer pro but I am obviously trying to open the wrong file!
When I created my slideshow it opened it in a browser I never saw the folders. Which file name/extension am I looking for? thanks

If you are trying to view a gallery, then the file you need to open in your browser is the HTML page into which SimpleViewer is embedded.
If you created your gallery with svBuilder-Pro, then the name of this file will be 'index.html' (unless you changed it on the 'Publish' tab).

If you are trying to open a gallery in svBuilder-Pro (to edit it), then you need to point svBuilder-Pro towards the gallery folder containing the 'gallery.xml' file.

Steven Speirs

That is where I pointed it but the non of the files are allowing me to click.

OK so I found the correct folder with files. I have Pro open and it says new gallery or open gallery. I click open gallery and nav to the files. I see the index.html file and gallery files and svcore, thumbs and images. Neither index or gallery.xml can be opened by Pro. What am I missing here?

Never mind I got it!!!! thanks

If you are trying to open a gallery in svBuilder-Pro (to edit it), then you need to point svBuilder-Pro towards the gallery folder containing the 'gallery.xml' file.

Last edited by page (2011-06-21 16:11:31)

Page, I'm glad that you got it regarding finding the existing gallery but would you mind sharing the solution.

I can't open the gallery.xml through the SimpleViewer but I know the file is there.  It's already loading on my website and working well but I need to edit it.

@famtrudel

Please see my reply to your post in this thread: http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=12806

Steven Speirs