Topic: Simple Viewer Drupal Module

I have drupal installed on my website and I have installed the simple viewer module where you setup a content type and an Image field with the "Gallery simpleviewer" as the field formatter.

The problem I am having is that in the options for simple viewer, under Administer>Site Configuration>Simpleviewer
there is no way of changing the background colour of the player. I know that using svBuilder you can customise the background colour but can you only customise the text and frame border colour?

http://ir-designs.co.uk

That is the link to my site, as you can see the dark grey background is kind of out of place on a white background page, any suggestions?

thanks
Ross

Re: Simple Viewer Drupal Module

It looks like the background color in the module you are using is hard-coded to '222222'.
You could either edit the final page after gallery creation or edit the 'simpleviewer.module' file in the module itself before you create the gallery.
In the 'simpleviewer.module' file, the following code is used:

$output .= '<object width="100%" height="100%">
        <param name="flashvars" value="galleryURL='. $settings['xml']  .'" >
        <param name="movie" value="'. $settings['player']  .'"></param>
        <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
        <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
        <param name="bgcolor" value="222222"></param>
        <embed src="'. $settings['player']  .'" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="100%" height="100%" bgcolor="222222" flashvars="galleryURL='. $settings['xml']  .'"></embed></object>';

You will need to replace both instances of '222222' in the embedding code to the hex value color of your choice.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven,

I did look in the simpleviewer.module file but I didn't looks down far enough, I just saw the first $output and assumed we had different files lol.

The next issue I have is that it doesn't work properly with firefox, of all browsers! It shrinks the height of the player and doesn't show the images in full, just the thumbs. I have tried changing the pre-sets so that it displays a set height and a fluid width but still no luck, any suggestions for that?

Thanks
Ross

The drupal module you are using was not written by us and does not use the recommended method of embedding a gallery.
This is the likely cause of the problem: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ml#embed_7

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

The drupal module you are using was not written by us and does not use the recommended method of embedding a gallery.
This is the likely cause of the problem: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ml#embed_7

Oh right, well I have configured it now which has made it more dynamic. You can create a gallery on the actual site rather than creating the gallery locally and then uploading it to the web server. I found that there is another part inside the .module file that I edited, its nearer the top. I changed it from being fluid width and height to a fixed height and fluid width.
I have tested it on the following browsers and it seems to work fine.

• firefox 3.6

• chrome

• IE 9

• IE 8

• HTC Desire built in browser

let me know if you come across any bugs, thanks for the help