Topic: What happens when Flash not available

I'm developing a simple WordPress site with the SimpleViewer-Pro plug-in.  I have a couple of related questions relating to how Flash is used:

1. The website is still in development mode and is only on my laptop.  Everything works fine when I'm connected to the Internet.  However when I'm off-line I get a "SimpleViewer requires Flash" message and the slideshow is not accessible.  I expected that it would still work since I have Flash installed on my machine.  This is not causing any problems since I'm mostly on-line and the end user will obviously be on-line when they access the site.  I'm just curious as to why I would get that message when off-line.

2. What happens if the end user does not have (and does not want to have) Flash on their computer?  What would they see?

Last edited by Manrico (2011-03-04 17:35:44)

Re: What happens when Flash not available

1. The website is still in development mode and is only on my laptop.  Everything works fine when I'm connected to the Internet.  However when I'm off-line I get a "SimpleViewer requires Flash" message and the slideshow is not accessible.  I expected that it would still work since I have Flash installed on my machine.  This is not causing any problems since I'm mostly on-line and the end user will obviously be on-line when they access the site.  I'm just curious as to why I would get that message when off-line.

The Wordpress plug-in use SWFObject hosted on Google's site to embed the gallery, which would not be accessible when you are off line.

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/sw … fobject.js

2. What happens if the end user does not have (and does not want to have) Flash on their computer?  What would they see?

The current Wordpress plug-in does not support the non-flash gallery included with SimpleViewer 2.1.x, the users will see a message that flash is required to view the gallery. The next update to the plug-in should add non-flash support.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.