Topic: problem importing swf into existing webpage as 'opaque windowless'

For a new webpage I still had an unused copy of sv_pro_1.9 in my goodies folder so I decided to use this one for some galleries. On the forum I couldn't really find this in any topic. So or I'm blind, or I'm the first with this problem.

I want to integrate the swf into existing pages of a css/html website.
First I used flash to republish the swf/html with the parameter name="wmode" value="opaque". This way I made sure to use the exact same tags in my page as in the default sv html.
With dreamweaver I can insert the swf movie in my own page, and then correct the tags to be the same as in the sc-index.html, but it just wont be opaque. I also removed the background color tags.
I looked into the fla file for the presence of a 'background layer' that had to be disabled, but couldnt find anything.
Can anyone help me finding the right settings or workaround to show the gallery floating above my existing page with a great background.jpg.

Opening the page on my own pc, of course I get the IE-script warning, that blocks flash from starting untill I say its ok. At this point I see the background picture of the page. But when I allow flash to load it's all grey again.

thx already

Last edited by chipmonk (2011-03-05 15:16:05)

Re: problem importing swf into existing webpage as 'opaque windowless'

It sounds like you want to set wmode to transparent and not opaque, I would suggest you use SWFObject to embed SimpleViewer into your HTML page. Place the code below into the your HTML code where you would like the gallery to be displayed.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
var params = {};
params.allowscriptaccess = "sameDomain";
params.wmode = "transparent";
swfobject.embedSWF("viewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", "#181818", false, flashvars, params);
</script> 
<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. 
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: problem importing swf into existing webpage as 'opaque windowless'

Thx Mike (Y)