Topic: embedding in SeaMonkey Composer

I just bought SimpleViewer Pro and I use SeaMonkey Composer to create my web pages because it's easy and I don't have to deal with code a lot. I have successfully created a gallery - but have not been able to insert it into a Composer page. I appear to have the same problem as a previous user - the <div id="sv-container"></div> code gets removed by Composer. I don't want to switch to another program. What can I do? Is there a way to add my header and navigation menu to a gallery page?

Re: embedding in SeaMonkey Composer

I would suggest you close SeaMonkey Composer, open your HTML page in a text editor like notepad insert the code, save the document and you should be all set.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks - I may try this some time - but the whole reason I like using SeaMonkey Composer (formerly Netscape) is because it's simple and direct and I've learned how to make it do all sorts of things. So I think I found a work around. I create my gallery using SimpleViewer and then I paste in my header and navigation bar (in a table format from Composer). It gives me the effect I want and is pretty easy to do - although I have to redo it every time I edit the gallery. Once I get my revised web site set up, with 4 separate gallery pages, I won't need to be editing so much. This works for me.

Mike Richards wrote:

I would suggest you close SeaMonkey Composer, open your HTML page in a text editor like notepad insert the code, save the document and you should be all set.

I could not do this - I don't have notepad. I tried using textedit (Mac) and could not get it to work. I cannot embed a gallery in an existing page using Composer. But I can add my header and navigation bar to the gallery page that SimpleViewer creates - working in Composer. However I cannot arrange things the way I want to without creating a table and cannot figure out how to move the gallery into the table. Should there be an HTML tag or something that can be placed in the table so SimpleViewer will know where to put the gallery?

I could not do this - I don't have notepad. I tried using textedit (Mac) and could not get it to work.

Any text editor should work, what was the problem that you had? If you post the page online or the HTML in the forum we can take a look.

I cannot embed a gallery in an existing page using Composer. But I can add my header and navigation bar to the gallery page that SimpleViewer creates - working in Composer. However I cannot arrange things the way I want to without creating a table and cannot figure out how to move the gallery into the table.

I don't know how Composer works maybe you can get a suggestion from them? You should be able to embed the gallery in the page and position it without a table using CSS.

Should there be an HTML tag or something that can be placed in the table so SimpleViewer will know where to put the gallery?

Just place the embed code where you want the gallery to be displayed and use CSS for any additional positioning.
This is the embed code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … html#embed

Mike Richards

I really appreciate you posting a reply - but I still can't figure this out. When SimpleViewer creates a gallery and provides the code to embed it, there is a line of script near the end - <div id="sv-container"></div> . After creating a Composer page (and I've also tried Kompozer too), designing my layout using tables, and then pasting in the embed text where I want the gallery to be, Composer deletes that line of script. Without it, the gallery won't appear. If I position the gallery outside of the table - it works. But being within a table creates some kind of conflict.
To work around this, I create the gallery, open the gallery page in Composer, and paste in my header and navigation bar. See my web site: http://sandrahildreth.com/WildflowerGal … lowers.htm
My solution is workable - but it means every time I edit a gallery, and I have 4 different ones in my site, I have to redo the header, navigation bar, page color and properties, etc.
I also do several other web sites and would very much like to use the SimpleViewer gallery for them - but they are more complex than my site and require that the gallery be positioned within the page.
I can't seem to find any help through SeaMonkey Composer or Kompozer. I really don't want to learn another web authoring program at this time. I don't know how to use CSS. So I am really stumped by this.

If the program you are using does not like the JavaScript inside the table split the embed code into two pieces place the JavaScript in the <head> of your HTML and the <div> in your table.

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <title>
      WILDFLOWER PAINTINGS - Sandra Hildreth - Adirondack Landscapes and Mandalas
    </title>
    <meta content="Sandra Hildreth" name="author">
    <meta content="Original oil and watercolor wild flower paintings from the Adirondack Mountains; studio located in Saranac Lake, NY." name="description">
    <!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
            jQuery(document).ready(function () {
                        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '90%', '83%', '99CCCC', true );
                });
    </script>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
  </head>

Mike Richards

I tried what you suggested on the other web page I'm working on - not the Wildflower one I shared with you. It still didn't work. I did as directed, putting the main part of the gallery script up in the <head> part of the page and the other part of the script in the table, where I wanted the gallery to appear - Composer just doesn't like the <div id="sv-container"></div> line and deletes it.

Thanks so much for your help. If you think of any other way around this, let me know.

...Composer just doesn't like the <div id="sv-container"></div> line and deletes it.

All I can suggest is to ask on the Composer site how to prevent this or to use another applications such as a text editor to make the change.

Mike Richards