Topic: Large Images Blank

I have posts with attached images.  In other slideshows they work correctly, but for some reason If I add the SimpleViewer shortcode to the post the thumbnails are generated but the large image is a white "X". 

Looking at the XML, it seems the it doesn't have the correct filename for the large image, but it is correct for the thumbnail.

UPDATE:  I discovered that since the posts were created by a "front-end" form and not through the admin, the images don't live in the media library, so won't be seen by the viewer. 

So I guess my question now is, how can I make SimpleViewer see attached images to a post - not just images from the media library.

Last edited by newToo (2011-03-09 04:24:31)

Re: Large Images Blank

how can I make SimpleViewer see attached images to a post - not just images from the media library.

The WP-SimpleViewer plugin only handles images in the media library. If you are a WP-plugin developer you could try modifying the plugin to handle attached images.

SimpleViewer reads in the image information via the gallery.xml file. One way to do what you require would be use a modified version of the buildGallery PHP script to load images in a specified folder: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … llery.html

Unfortunately we cannot offer support for advanced integration between SimpleViewer and external scripts.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.