Topic: watermark visible in builder, BUT not in the exported version!!

The problem is that the watermark is visible in sv builder, BUT not in the exported version!!
it is a PNG File.
We checked the xml file, the link is correct.
when we use the link in the browser, the PNG is absolutely loadable.
We tried several browser, deleting browser cache.

How can it be that the logo shows in the builder but not in the exported file when opened???

When we upload the site, it doesnt show up, too.

We need immediate support since its holding back our entire project from publishing that is otherwise finished!!!!!

Regards,

Re: watermark visible in builder, BUT not in the exported version!!

Does NOT work with JPG, too.

For example, we tried to use this JPG link pasted directly in the builder under watermark link as is:
http://www.gruene-bundestag.de/cms/abge … ss_jpg.jpg

Same problem. it shows up in the builder, but not in the exported gallery.

We tried to build the gallery from the scratch, still the same problem.

Please post the URL of the gallery that is experiencing the issue.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

when we open the gallery offline, on our harddrive, the watermark still does not show up.

It does show up when the gallery is uploaded on the internet though.

Is this a bug or is this supposed to be normal?

Last edited by EuropeanFreaks (2011-03-13 15:25:28)

The non-flash/mobile version is still in development and does not yet support all of the flash version's features. The watermark is one of the features that is not yet supported.

Mike Richards

First of all, thanks for the flash-fast support on sunday. we do appreciate that very much. Altogether we are very satisfied with the product and the support.

We are still having some issues with the watermark, as stated in our last post. did you read it yet?

best regards

when we open the gallery offline, on our harddrive, the watermark still does not show up.

This may depend on the browser that you are using and it's security restrictions.

We are still having some issues with the watermark, as stated in our last post. did you read it yet?

You have edited your post from 10:21 a few times instead of posting again to this thread, sometimes questions get missed when they are posted this way.

Mike Richards

I am having the same problem.
The watermark is visible in sv builder but not in the exported version!
It is a PNG file but I also tried JPG and it's the same.
We checked the xml file, the link is correct.
The URL for the watermark is ok too.
Help me please! It is delaying my working process hmm
thanks

@klayne

Check that the watermarkURL in your gallery's XML file points to your .png file. Try pasting the watermarkURL directly into the address bar in your browser to make sure that the image is present on your web server in the correct location and not corrupt.

Please note that the Watermark configuration options are available to the Flash Player only (and not the Mobile Player).

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs

how do i check if the gallery's XML file points to my .png file? im using a mac.

Open your gallery's XML file in a plain text editor and look for the watermarkURL entry.
If the URL you use is absolute (e.g. http://www.example.com/image.png), then copy the URL and paste it into a browser's address bar.
The image being used for the watermark should appear in your browser. If it does not, then there is either a problem with the path to the image on your web server.
If the URL you use is relative, then it will be relative to the HTML page which contains the embedding code.
If you post the URL to your gallery, I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs

I just checked if the the XML file points to my png. It does.
And I pasted the watermark URL directly into the address bar and it's ok too.
What can be the problem?
Well, I can't show you my gallery because I don't know how to put it online.
I have a website, I already tried to put there but it didn't work (maybe I don't know how to do that).
I'm pasting the embed code that Simple Viewer showed me after I saved my gallery in my text place on wordpress but it's not working.
Is there any other way I can put a gallery online besides put it in my website?
If there's not, could you explain me how to put this online in my website? I didn't want to, but if this is the only way I would be glad if you could explain me.

thanks.

What can be the problem?

Without being able to see your gallery, I cannot be sure.

Well, I can't show you my gallery because I don't know how to put it online.
I have a website, I already tried to put there but it didn't work (maybe I don't know how to do that).

You should upload your gallery folder to your web space using an FTP program such as Filezilla.

I'm pasting the embed code that Simple Viewer showed me after I saved my gallery in my text place on wordpress but it's not working.
Is there any other way I can put a gallery online besides put it in my website?

If using WordPress, you might like to try using WP-SimpleViewer, the dedicated SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress, which can be downloaded from this web page.
Otherwise, you can embed a SimpleViewer gallery created by svBuilder-Pro in a WordPress page or post by following the baseURL embedding instructions here.

If you are still experiencing issues with your watermark, then try the following:
(1) Create a gallery using svBuilder-Pro
(2) Put your watermark image into the gallery's 'images' folder
(3) In the svBuilder-Pro interface, use the following as your watermarkURL: images/image.png (where 'image.png' is the filename of your watermark image)

Steven Speirs

I think the watermark problem is already ok. I did what you said and when I saved the gallery the watermark is there smile

I downloaded the SimpleViewer plugin but didn't work with it.
So I tried to do the second thing you siad:

"Otherwise, you can embed a SimpleViewer gallery created by svBuilder-Pro in a WordPress page or post by following the baseURL embedding instructions here."

When I went to the post page, it doesn't shows the gallery. It says "Gallery XML not found".

I copied exactly the embed code provided by Simpleviewer when we save galleries, so I can't figure out what's wrong now.

Here is the link of the gallery in my website:  http://www.klaynevieira.com/maria-eduarda/

I think we are almost there.
Thank you so much for the help so far!

Your gallery does not use the baseURL configuration option and the path to your gallery's 'simpleviewer.js' file is incorrect.

For example, if your gallery folder is named 'my_gallery' and you uploaded it to the root of your web space (so that it is located at 'http://www.klaynevieira.com/my_gallery/'), then the embedding code you should use would look something like the following:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.klaynevieira.com/my_gallery/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.klaynevieira.com/my_gallery/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "600", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs

I don't know how to fix it. Could you explain me?

I din't unsderstand.

As in the example above, create a SimpleViewer gallery, name the gallery folder 'my_gallery', upload the complete folder (not just the contents) to the root of your web space (directly into your web hosting account's 'public_html' folder) and paste the embedding code from my post above into the body of your WordPress page or post ensuring that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'.

Alternatively, use the dedicated SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress (WP-SimpleViewer) to create your gallery within the WordPress Dashboard and you will not have to manually create a gallery on your computer, upload it to your web server or worry about any embedding code.
If you upgrade WP-SimpleViewer from SimpleViewer-Standard (which it comes bundled with) to SimpleViewer-Pro by following the instructions here, then you will be able to use the Watermark configuration options in the Pro Options text area (entering a line such as watermarkURL="http://www.example.com/image.png").

Steven Speirs

I think I don't have access to the root of my web space. I don't access my web hosting account's so that's why I'm not getting it. Is there any other way?

I was trying to paste the embedding code into my "text" area on my post.

I have also a plugin which I can paste HTML codes into it. I already tryied that but didn't work either.

I don't access my web hosting account's so that's why I'm not getting it. Is there any other way?

If you do not have FTP access to your web space, then you would not be able to upload a SimpleViewer gallery to your web space and you would not be able to upload and install WP-SimpleViewer.
You could, however, follow the Embedding in a Web Template Site instructions (using Dropbox to host your gallery) and paste the <iframe> code into your WordPress page or post.

Steven Speirs