Topic: Error when extracting download file

I've downloaded the simpleviewer_212 file (multiple times from different spots on the website), but each time I extract it I get the following error: "Error: Invalid compressed data to expand (inflate) the file".

If I continue and then view the output file, the following error is listed:

Extracting svBuilder.air
Error: Invalid compressed data to expand (inflate) the file

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit.

Re: Error when extracting download file

Have you tried downloading it again? What application are you using to unzip the file?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have just checked the download link on this page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/
... and was able to download and extract the zip file first time with no errors.

If you are using a download manager, try downloading the file without using it.
If you are not using a download manager, then try downloading the file using a different browser (or at least clear your browser's cache before redownloading).
Alternatively, if you are not using a download manager, then try downloading using one, such as Free Download Manager.

You can check that the file is not corrupt by checking your file's MD5 hash with a program such as HashCalc.
The 'simpleviewer.zip' file should have an MD5 of f7db87d02b3b359b2b46509b793f3e2d.

You could also try unzipping the archive with a different program, such as 7-Zip.

Steven Speirs

Hi,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I've downloaded the file again (both with IE and Chrome) and extracted it with both Winzip and 7-Zip, but with no success (I get the same error each time).

I also checked the MD5 hash and it is different (23a17e60cd29fa833d170444176107c6).

Is there any other place where I can download the file from?

P.S. I am not using a download manager.

Do you use antivirus software or anything else that might corrupt the file?

Mike Richards