Topic: tilt viewer in wordpress

I am very new at doing this, could someone give me step by step directions on how to set up tilt viewer to work on my wordpress page.

thank you for any help you can give me.

Rick Ward

Re: tilt viewer in wordpress

The easiest method would be:
(1) Create your TiltViewer gallery with your method of choice.
(2) Upload the entire gallery folder somewhere using an FTP program such as FileZilla.
(3) Create a post in WordPress, choose 'HTML' as the input method (instead of 'Visual') and use the following code to embed the gallery in the post (with the 'src' of the <iframe> pointing towards your gallery's HTML index page via an absolute or relative path).

<iframe src="http://www.example.vom/gallery/index.html" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I really like the look of this gallery and would very much like to add it to a website im currently working on. I have followed the online steps to create the gallery but am lost when it comes to putting on my wordpress website.

Can you be a bit more specific with your instructions please. I have uploaded plugins, and files to websites before using filezilla but i dont know where to upload the tiltviewer folder.

You say upload it somewhere?, where should i put it?

I dont really understand the last part of the instructions when you say to use an absolute path either.

Please get back to me when you can, it would be greatfully appreciated if you could help me get this working.

Many Thanks

Ben

Last edited by benh_82 (2011-09-16 13:03:45)

I have successfully loaded the tiltview galley on my website so there is no need to answer my previous question. I would however like to ask a different question that i hope you could help me with.

If you take a look at the page im talking about you will see what im talking about.

www.mustangallys.com/gallery

The tiltview gallery is way down the page and i would like it as close to the top of the page as possible. What do i need to do in order to position it at the top of the page?

Many Thanks

Ben

I would alos like to know if you can adjust the zoom with the standard tiltviewer?

Its zooming in far too much at the moment, i have tried to just reduce the size of the image but this didn't seem to make any difference. Is this option just for the Pro version?

Thanks Ben

What do i need to do in order to position it at the top of the page?

Your gallery is currently 800 px high, signified by the '800' in your line of code below.

swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.mustangallys.com/wp-content/plugins/nggflash-swf/TiltViewer.swf", "so1_1", "500", "800", "7.0.0", false, this.flashvars, this.params , this.attr );

Try reducing this to reduce the amount of space at the top and bottom of the gallery.

I would alos like to know if you can adjust the zoom with the standard tiltviewer?

No. zoomedInDistance and zoomedOutDistance are TiltViewer Pro-only options.
Please see here for details: http://simpleviewer.net/tiltviewer/supp … s.html#pro

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.