Topic: iPhone Positioning Problems (iPad OK)

Hi!

First off, the plugin is absolutely fantastic. Thankyou!

Secondly - I've been putting together a website using iWeb, SimpleViewer (w/ baseURL embed which works much better than iFrame), a little hand-editing and referencing remote flickr images. It all works really well.

The only slight gotcha is that I've been trying to ensure that it holds together on iOS devices - the iPad version is great, but on the iPhone the simpleViewer galleries get cropped so they lose their entire bottom half, and the gallery also intrudes into the footer of the page. Again, this is iPhone only, the issue does not occur on the iPad or on any of the desktop browsers I've checked. I wonder if you might be able to offer some help ? (http://meldavis.peachpitpie.com)

A slight other problem is that the button on the iOS version to go back to the thumbnails actually opens the gallery page itself rather than opening the gallery within the page in which it is embedded.

Many thanks,
-Gordon

Re: iPhone Positioning Problems (iPad OK)

Is this a v2.1.2 issue ? If so, any downside of going back to 2.1.1, and when is 2.1.3 coming?

Thanks so much,
-Gordon

Last edited by gocam (2011-03-21 20:04:57)

Is this a v2.1.2 issue ?

Yes, there is an issue in 2.1.2 with the iphone and screen resizing.

If so, any downside of going back to 2.1.1

You can see the changes that were made in 2.1.2 in the version history page.

when is 2.1.3 coming

SimpleViewer 2.1.3 is in the works and will happen "soon", but there is no date that I am aware of yet.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Mike - sounds like I don't want to go back to 2.1.1 - any way you know of to workaround ?

I have been doing some research on mobile development and it looks like there is a bug in the iphone's code for resizing, you can find a fix in the link bellow that may help with this issue.

http://www.blog.highub.com/mobile-2/a-f … scale-bug/

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.