Topic: HTML links in caption CDATA don't work in Webkit browsers

When I enter an HTML link into the CDATA part of the caption, it works fine with Firefox and IE, but not in Webkit browsers.  The caption is an overlay at the bottom.   Webkit browser ignores the link and uses the previous image command and goes back an image if there is a back, but won't open the link.

My example is here: http://www.idimension.com/flash/47/47.html, please test with Chrome and or Safari and let me know what you suggest.

this is the start of the XML

<simpleviewergallery 
    firstImageIndex = "0"
    cropToFit="true"
    resizeOnImport="false"
    maxImageWidth="640"
    maxImageHeight="640"
    imageQuality="90"
    useFlickr="false"
    backgroundColor="000000"
    galleryStyle="COMPACT"
    frameWidth="20"
    imageFrameStyle="ROUNDED"
    imageNavStyle="CURSOR"
    imageCornerRadius="5"
    showAutoPlayButton="true"
    autoPlayOnLoad="true"
    enableLooping="true"
    indexPageName="47.html"
    thumbRows="0"
    thumbColumns="0"

>
  <image imageURL="1.jpg"
    thumbURL="1_tn.jpg"
    linkURL="vote.html"
    linkTarget="_blank">
    <caption><![CDATA[Title of Photo<br>Person who took the photo<br>Location of Photo<br><a href='vote.html'>Click me to 'Vote for This Photo'</a>]]></caption>
  </image>

Last edited by idimensioninc (2011-03-21 21:24:59)

Re: HTML links in caption CDATA don't work in Webkit browsers

This bug has already been discovered and reported.
However, thank you very much for reporting it and for providing a test case with such detail.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven,  Thanks for letting me know.   So there is no work-around for it right now?   I haven't played around with the admin extensively, is there any way to get the caption info below the image to make it out of the navigation realm of the image?

Also, since I am here, is there a way to customize the navigation icon text hover, besides "Go Fullscreen" or "Open Image in New Window"?  if we want to use a different URL than the image itself in the XML, it would be nice to change that that text and or change the Go Fullscreen to be better explained for our users.   Let me know if not so I can post to the new features requests thread.

thanks, Mark

There are very few options that you can use to customize the Mobile Player.
Specific to your queries, you cannot move the captions (only turn them on or off via mobileShowCaption) nor change the tooltip texts for the buttons (though you can for the Flash version via languageList).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you.   FYI, I just tested my own page on mobile Safari on my iPod Touch 4th G, and the link works OK.   On my Android 2.2 browser, it shows the link being clicked, but doesn't do anything with the link.