Topic: Problems with integrating simpleviewer pro into wordpress

One month ago I bought Simpleviewer pro from the official simpleviewer website
because i wanted to show my galleri in a more creative way, and because i didn't
want to have the gallery's thumbnail shown in the end of the serial of pictures.
The simpleviewer pro software was unproblematicly installed and I could design the
galleries as I wanted. I have a Wordpress website. Does anyone know how i can
integrate my galley into my wordpress website? For the time being do I feel that i
have wasted my 45$.
Beforehand thanks a lot.
Best regerds Christian Stæhr

Last edited by christianstaehr (2011-03-22 11:29:11)

Re: Problems with integrating simpleviewer pro into wordpress

To integrate a SimpleViewer Pro gallery into a WordPress post, you could use the WP-SimpleViewer WordPress Plugin.
The plugin comes with the Standard (non-Pro) version of SimpleViewer.
To upgrade it to Pro, follow the instructions here.
If you do not want to display thumbnails, chose Thumb Position 'none'.

Alternatively, you could create a SimpleViewer Pro gallery with svBuilder-Pro, upload the entire gallery folder somewhere with an FTP program and embed the gallery in a post using one of the 2 methods described here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I have acually alredy installed the free simple viewer to wordpress.
Now i have succesfully installed simpleviewer pro - thanks a lot - but the gallery is placed relatively one-sided on the pages. look here for instance: http://staehrphoto.dk/category/model/
Do you have any idea what has going wrong?
// Christian Stæhr

There is a bug in WP-SimpleViewer v2.1.2 whereby the gallery's width must be specified as a fixed pixel value rather than as a percentage.  Change your gallery's width from 100% to something like 600px and the layout should be much better.
This will be fixed in the next version.

Steven Speirs

Thank you very much. Now it is placed perfectly.
I have one last question which maybe isn't quite as easy to answer in proportion to the previous question:
When i have created a gallery in the svBuilder program I get a file, which is placed in the Simpleviewer folder. Where should i place this file for getting it into my gallery on the wordpress website? Right now I haven't a galleryfolder. Should i create one and put my galleryfile into it? Where shall i place it? Right now wordpress and my Simple viewer Pro software don't play together.
Christian

Last edited by christianstaehr (2011-03-22 22:49:47)

When i have created a gallery in the svBuilder program I get a file

When you create a gallery in svBuilder (or svBuilder-Pro), you will end up with more than one file.
There will be an HTML index file, an XML file (listing the images and gallery settings), the images and thumbs folders and the svcore folder (containing the JavaScript, CSS and SWF files).

If you wish to build a gallery using svBuilder-Pro and then embed it into a WordPress post (rather than use the WP-SimpleViewer WordPress Plugin), then you should create an empty gallery folder and on svBuilder-Pro's Publish screen, 'Save' all the gallery files into this folder.  You would then need to upload the entire gallery folder to your web server (possibly to the root directory) and embed the gallery into a post using one of the 2 methods described here.

Steven Speirs

Regrettably, I doesn't work.
I have saved my gallery files (images folder, svcore folder, thumbs folder, gallery XML-document and index HTML-document) in a folder on my desktop. Then I copied the folder into my server in the main folder in which wp-admin etc. are placed. I went into wordpress and created a new post. I went into HTML codes and added the code from svBulider (publish step). It looked like this:
<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

When i visit the site, the gallery says "Gallery XML not found" ( http://staehrphoto.dk/2011/03/test-1-af-galleri/ )
Do you have an idea where I did something wrong?
I am very thankful because of the fact that your company shows such a great service!!
From Christian Stæhr

Last edited by christianstaehr (2011-03-23 17:31:27)

Looking at the structure of your website, your embedding code should be:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://staehrphoto.dk/galleryfolder/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "http://staehrphoto.dk/galleryfolder/";
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Or alternatively:

<iframe src="http://staehrphoto.dk/galleryfolder/index.html" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

For either method, replace 'galleryfolder' with the actual name of your gallery folder.

Steven Speirs

Thank you. I have worked with the HTML codes you have written but it still doesn't work.   neutral
I am wondring how/where i should save the mentioned files from svBuilder. The code don't seem to fit with wordpress, as your code seemed to do. There is not mentioned anything about staehrphoto or something like that in the code.
I hope that it will work soon. For the time being - thank you for the help.
Christian

With the code you are now using, SimpleViewer will expect the gallery's XML file to be called 'gallery.xml' and to be located in http://staehrphoto.dk/gallerier/gallery.xml
Either you have renamed your XML file or it is not located in the correct directory.
Either way, you can use the galleryURL option to point to the file.

You might like to try the <iframe> method instead (see my last post).
Only one line of code is required and the only path you have to worry about is that of the gallery's HTML index page (as long as all the gallery files are still in a single folder as they would have been when saved in svBuilder-Pro.)

Steven Speirs

Thank you very much. the iFrame works perfecktly !!! I am glad about the fact that i bought simpleviwer pro!