Topic: Multiple Galleries per Post/Page?

Is it possible to create multiple galleries in one page in Wordpress?

Re: Multiple Galleries per Post/Page?

Yes. make sure you are using the latest version (v2.1.2).

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I guess I would then have to find out how to do it then.

I have three Galleries on the same page (static page), and have uploaded photos for the first gallery.

They are being displayed on all THREE galleries...

Obviously I have something wrong here.

Felix:
Let me clarify. Since I want multiple galleries on one page (post), if I attach images to that page, they will be (and are) displayed in all/each of the galleries that are on that page.

See your reply on this post:

http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=12354

This is the same issue basically.

Somehow, we should be able to associate selected images with a specific gallery on the page (ie. img1, img2, and img3 displayed on gallery1; img4, img5, and img6 displayed on gallery 2, etc.)

Can this be done? If so, how?

Are you using the latest version of the WP-SimpleViewer plugin? (v2.1.2) There is no special trick to show multiple galleries. Just create your galleries as normal: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … er/#create

Felix Turner

Yes, latest version 2.1.2.
And I did follow the procedure you linked...

Ok my mistake - if you add multiple 'WordPress Library' galleries to one post or page they will indeed show the same images since they are all pulling from the images assigned to that post or page.

The solutions:
1) Use Flickr galleries
2) Dont use the WP-SimpleViewer Plugin. Build your galleries using svBuilder, then embed them in your post using an iframe.

Felix Turner

Felix,
That's the conclusion I was coming to.
I will go with one of the other solutions.
Thanks.

P.S. -  it would be a very nice enhancement to the WP-SimpleViewer Plugin to allow a gallery to specify images in the WordPress library....

I can only second that  !!
I am a WP (3.2.1) and SimpleViewer Plugin (2.1.3) Newbie, but as much as I love the clean look of the Simple Viewer gallery , I am a little bit disappointed about that limitation.
Please take a look at the NextGEN Gallery plugin, this has a very elaborate way of dealing with content, galleries etc. and allows easily multiple galleries on each page (if just the look were better... I would have used that) or could I somehow get the NextGEN Galleries displayed with Simple Viewer ?

munman wrote:

P.S. -  it would be a very nice enhancement to the WP-SimpleViewer Plugin to allow a gallery to specify images in the WordPress library....

Last edited by jo (2011-07-21 12:48:46)

could I somehow get the NextGEN Galleries displayed with Simple Viewer ?

A NextGEN SimpleViewer plugin can be found here: http://alexrabe.de/2008/03/07/simple-ne … pleviewer/
The author claims it is unfinished and it is also out-of-date but it may be of interest to you.

Steven Speirs

Hi All,
So I have the same problem as described above. And it looks like I have found a workaround that can solve the problem smile

Details about the problem: I have a site with "Photos" page, in which I want to have multiple galleries, but when I try to add new gallery with a button, wich is added automatically to your wordpress wysiwyg editor, it says following: "This page already contains a SimpleViewer gallery."

I'm using NextGen galleries with WP SimpleViewer plugin, version is: 2.3.2.1

To solve the problem I did following:
1) Create new NextGallery, upload images to it
2) Open the page which not containing SimpleViewer gallery
3) Add new SimpleViewer gallery with help of built in button, configure and set it name
4) After that You will have the code of newly generated gallery (e.g. [simpleviewer gallery_id="3"])
5) Copy that code
6) Open the editor for page into which you want to insert second/n-gallery, and just paste the code you have copied in step 4.
7) In result you should have in your editor something like this:
[simpleviewer gallery_id="2"]

[simpleviewer gallery_id="3"]

8) Save it and enjoy smile

You can check result on my parents site: http://muryns.com.ua/?page_id=111, the site is in Ukrainian language so don't pay attention to strange letters smile

Hope this helps somebody)

Last edited by tmuryn (2013-06-21 13:04:23)