Topic: gallery shows only images 900x600 pixel correct, not 600x900

for sure pretty simple for some pros !

i have mixed images that are 900x600 (landscape) and others that are 600x900 pixel
the gallery shows only the landscape images correct, the 600x900 pixel images are only shown at a maximum of 600 pixel
so some part of the images are missing !

whats wrong ?

the gallery hight is always switched back to 600 px event though i declared that 900px schould be used !

Re: gallery shows only images 900x600 pixel correct, not 600x900

If the portrait style images are getting cropped, this may be due to the COMPACT gallery style being used: … #general_4
Try using MODERN or CLASSIC instead.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: gallery shows only images 900x600 pixel correct, not 600x900

I'd like to pick this thread up.
I just found out, that the definitions of GalleryWidth, ImageAreaWidth, and ImageAreaX can lead to unwanted pseudo-cropping of pictures. Naturally these measurements should be set in a way that they accomplish each other. But if you define pixel numbers that interfere with each other you'll get seemingly cropped pictures. But the images aren't cropped, it's just a part of them outside the visible stage.
Hope, this might be of help for someone.

EDIT: I have to admit that I tested this a bit more, and my theory failed! Usual maths don't work here, and I wonder how the plugin calculates the measurements of my preset.xml.
Having images in landscape with 510px width. The gallery width is set to 800 px, the ImageAreaWidth to 510px, it has a ImageAreaX of 140px to provide a bit of space between the it and the thumbnail area. You might think, 510px plus 140px equals 750px and thus 800px width for the gallery is fine. No, it's not, the image is cutted on it's right side and it runs into the thumbnail navigation on the left side. Increasing the gallery width to 1000px or even 2000px (just for the test) doesn't change anything.
So, you might think, changing the ImageAreaWidth will do. Let's be cautious and increase it about 100px, it's 610px now. The Image is moved 100px to the right side, and the missing part on the picture's right side is increased (100px of course). Same with any further increasing of the ImageAreaWidth.

EDIT again, found bug (I think):

So, I thought the maths in the flash are, well, f...ed. But I think I found a bug:
The browser's code shows this line

<div class="cls-mobile-flash" id="svcp-0-sv-mobile-flash" style="height: 600px; width: 550px;"><object width="100%" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="" id="svcp-0-sv-mobile-flash-swf" style="visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 600px;"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="bgcolor" value="#222222"><param name="flashvars" value="galleryURL=;presetURL=;embedurl="></object></div>

Using firebug and editing the width from 550px to whatever I please (e.g. 800px) all my problems are gone. Thus, the whole gallery is rendered for a mobile display, while I definitely don't need this and never anywhere told the SimpleViewerPro to do so.

Steven, what's this? I need to get rid of it. I am a bit annoyed right now, since I have spend about 2 hours with coding and without any results just because of this line in your flash ...

Last edited by da_spida (2011-08-08 12:35:20)