Topic: Just see thumbnails, so slideshow

I am using the svbuilder to build my slideshow and then import to wordpress.  I did this last night succesfully, but now it's not working correctly. 

I build the slideshow with svbuilder and have the pictures pulled from flickr.  I see the slideshow working great and then when I view it in a brower and/or upload it to my site that I'm building, this is what I see:

http://www.clickclickphotography.com/sample-page/

What the heck?

Re: Just see thumbnails, so slideshow

Ok, so by "slideshow" I really mean I see (when building the show in svbuilder) the thumbnails on the left side and then the larger picture on the right.

Your SimpleViewer gallery has been set to display the images using HTML (mobile player) rather than Flash, ie. the 'useFlash' Embed Code Parameter has been set to 'false'.
When creating your gallery in svBuilder, ensure that the 'Use Flash' checkbox is selected on the 'Customize' screen.
The svBuilder preview cannot display the mobile version so always displays the Flash version regardless of the 'Use Flash' checkbox.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

So within the svbuilder, I can build a new slideshow and just make sure the "use flash" box is checked on the customize screen?  Okay, done and the preview of it looks correct.  But, when I publish it and view it in a browser, I still just get the thumbnails. 

I'm importing this to my wordpress via FTP, but the preview in browser doesn't look correct, so I can't imagine the FTP has anything to do with it?

Would it help if you saw the embed code?  I don't see anything about html or flash in the embed code.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

I'm really new to all this!! I'm missing something!

Last edited by chelsea (2011-03-24 23:36:42)

Make sure you clear your browser's cache after making any changes and ensure that you have Adobe Flash Player installed in your browser by checking here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html
You can also check that the useFlash parameter is true by checking your code.
The parameter in bold below is useFlash and should be 'true'.
SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true);

Steven Speirs

Looks like I was editing my post to include the embed code while the above response was made. 
I do have flash installed and it is the most current version.
My embed code says "true" (I think).
I'll clear the cache and see what happens.

Because I seem to be pretty good a messing things up, I uninstalled the svbuilder and then reinstalled it.  When I previewed the slideshow in the browser window it opens up, I only saw thumbnails.  I did then go ahead and upload it to my site and it worked. I uploaded the pictures via flickr.  I saw something about flickr galleries not displaying locally.  Is that why I didn't see the correct display of the slideshow until it was uploaded?

I saw something about flickr galleries not displaying locally.  Is that why I didn't see the correct display of the slideshow until it was uploaded?

Most likely. See here for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #trouble_8

Steven Speirs

And I spoke too soon.  When I view the site in explorer, it works fine, but not when I view it via the safari browser on my pc.  I'm sure there is a thread about fixing that problem?  If so, mind giving me the link?  BTW, when I set up this new slideshow, I just left it all with the default settings - didn't touch a thing.

http://www.clickclickphotography.com/sample-page/

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Your gallery looks similar on my PC in Internet Explorer and Safari.
Do you have Flash Player installed in your Safari browser? (It requires a different installation to IE.)
Check by visiting this page in Safari: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Steven Speirs

I just realized that maybe flash isn't on the safari browser.  I don't even ever really use that browser; it's only on the pc thanks to my ipod.  I guess the good thing is that if flash isn't installed somewhere, people can still view the pictures, right?  Just as thumbnails to click on and then scroll through.
Thanks for the help!  I'm loving the layout of simpleviewer!

I guess the good thing is that if flash isn't installed somewhere, people can still view the pictures, right?

Correct.

Steven Speirs