Topic: svManager error

Hello, i've bought svManager and i have uploaded the svManager folder to my public_html folder on my site, but when i log in i get the following red error:

Notice: could not save gallery preferences to Array
Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 293)
Notice: Installation password is still in use – please reset your password

What should i do?

Thanks!

Re: svManager error

This looks like a permissions problem.

Check the permissions on the folder svmanager/data and check that svManager has write permission.

If there is a file svmanager/data/gallerydata.txt then make sure svManager can write to this one as well.

There is more information on permissions in the Troubleshooting section of the svManager help page.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, i dont understand anything about premissions, could you tell more about that? Could you make a step-by-step tutorial tongue?

i've changed all premissions but i still get:

Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 293)
Notice: Installation password is still in use – please reset your password

but i've uploaded it to public_html, maybe it is needed to be in public_ftp?

Please help tongue

YES, it works. I've set all the premissions. But now IE and firefox crashes when i click add images? I've updated java but it still crashes? And when i click view the tiltviewer logo is still there, but i've uploaded the pro version?

Last edited by Susteren (2011-03-27 09:04:07)

The svmanager folder should be inside public_html. The usual place would be public_html/svmanager.

Is your local computer running Windows? Which version?

Can you try logging-in to svManager from a completely different computer – say a friend's computer or one at work – and see if you still get the problem with Firefox and IE. Alternatively, send me an email via the forum with your svManager web address, user name and password and I'll try to upload an image from my Mac.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.