Topic: Adding sharing functionality (Facebook Like)

Hi guys,

anyone has implemented Facebook Like in their gallery? I am using Wordpress plugin, but the problem is the same if using normal SimpleViewer. My problem is that I need to be able to supply photo URL (jpg) to Facebook. otherwise it only shows the title.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Re: Adding sharing functionality (Facebook Like)

You can use the direct linking example in the API to create a URL for each image. I however I have never used this in conjunction with Wordpress, it should work OK when you are viewing individual post, but I don't know how well it will work when viewing several post such as your home page.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike,

I've successfully implemented the javascript to supply URLs to individual photos. The trouble is that I need Facebook Like to capture the image itself to show on the wall of the person who's liking the photo. For that I need to grab the URL of the image file itself.

Not being to integrate sharing seamlessly is a major problem for anyone trying to showcase their products or portfolio work.

A.

You can use the SimpleViewer API call getImageInfo() to pull the image url. I don't use Facebook, so I don't know how the links work on that side, but if they use the image URL to link back to your site it will link back to your image not your gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.