Topic: jquery colorbox won't work with simpleviewer?

I can't get the WordPress jquery colorbox plugin to work and the plugin developer says that there is a conflict with simpleviewer.

the problem seems to be the "wp-simpleviewer"-plugin which overwrites the jQuery plugin that my plugin brings along.
Could you try switching it off to see whether my plugin is working again?

I don't want to switch off the simpleviewer as it is a live site and simpleviewer is essential to the viewing of the site.  Has anyone else had a conflict with jQuery? On my development installation of WordPress activating wp-simpleviewer does break the jQuery colorbox plugin.

The site is  the page for jQuery is

Last edited by dandelionweb (2011-03-29 16:16:39)

Re: jquery colorbox won't work with simpleviewer?

When I go to the first link nothing is there, when I go to the second I don't see the SimpleViewer gallery in the page and colorbox seems to be working fine. What is the URL of the page where the 2 pieces are conflicting?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks I found another plugin this morning that works.  Gallery And Caption instead of jQuery colorbox

With regard to the jQuery Colorbox plugin, try setting your WP-SimpleViewer gallery's background to be transparent by selecting the 'Background Transparent' checkbox in the gallery settings window. This should work. Please see this jQuery Colorbox FAQ for details:

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.