Topic: Navigation on start page

Everything is working great with my first SimpleViewer PRO project. I have one question, however, regarding thumbnail navigation. I would like the right and left arrow keys to work for navigating the thumbnails after the project first loads into the browser. It seems like I have to kick-start the navigation by first clicking the mouse on a thumbnail before the arrow keys (or mouse wheel) will work to navigate through the thumbnails. After that, they work fine.

Is there a way to configure the gallery so the right and left arrow keys work without having to click on an image first?

Re: Navigation on start page

Flash does not start off with focus when your page loads, you would have to give the flash object focus by clicking on the SWF with the mouse or tabbing to it in order for the keys to work. I do not believe there is a way to give flash the focus when your page load, but you could use the SimpleViewer API with some JavaScript so assign functions key, however they would prevent the keys from being used elsewhere in your page for other purposes. Assigning keys in this manor or giving flash focus on start is not very user friendly anyways as it changes how users are use to interacting with a page in general.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Navigation on start page

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for your quick response!