Topic: iWeb problem

Dear Staff,
i'm having problems when i use svBuilder and iWeb (3.0.3)
I generate the embed code and i paste it into the iWeb's html widget and when i apply it remains empty (white).
If i open it directly from the folder where i saved it or with DW everything works, i can see my slider, but not with iWeb, it doesn't work.
Also with SV in Photoshop i've got issues, that's why i started to use svBuilder. A text in iWeb is showed: .... java and flash ... ", even if java is enabled and flash player is installed, correctly and updated
I'm freaking out. Spent many hours to understand i was wrong in something, but can't help
Help please
Thank u
Bartlaz

Re: iWeb problem

this is the embed code i get and paste into iWeb

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

apply and ... nothing

If you look around the forum you will see that there seems to be an issue where some WYSIWYG editors, such as iWeb, remove at least some of the embed code after you paste it in. I do not know iWeb, but there maybe a setting you can change to prevent this. Beyond that the easiest way to add the embed code would be to edit the HTML you create with iWeb in a text editor and paste the embed code in.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you Mike,
i read about it and i've checked and the code in svBuilder and what i paste in iWeb is the same.
I've also tried to open it with DW (where i can see the slider) and paste the HTML from it and paste into iWEB, then i got the same problem, no slider, empty box

is this the error?
this is from the gallery.xml

<image imageURL="images/08-1300-bangkok-tattoo-thailand.JPG"
    thumbURL="thumbs/08-1300-bangkok-tattoo-thailand.JPG"
    linkURL="images/08-1300-bangkok-tattoo-thailand.JPG"

JPG and not jpg
just try
by the way i don't know how to modify the .xml and save it

I'm lost  sad
when i open the folder "svcore" and click "full.html" it says gallery XML not found
now i'm talking about the slider i created with SV, not the embed code by svB.
When i click index.html i can see the slider, but if i open it with DW and paste the html in iWeb it doesn't work, like svB.
I don't know what to do.

When i click index.html i can see the slider, but if i open it with DW and paste the html in iWeb it doesn't work, like svB.

Are you moving the image and thumbnail folders and gallery.xml file along with the svCore folder to the same folder location as the html page you are trying to embed the gallery into with Dreamwever or iWeb?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thank u again for your answer
mmm ... not sure i can do that.
from the folder i created with SV i open the index.html with DW (witch show correctly the slider), copy and paste the html code (Source Code) shown in to iWeb, and nothing happens. In DW, if i click in "live code" and copy and paste what is show in to iweb i can see a black rectangular the same size of my slider, but no pictures are shown.
I can't use Dw and open the index is the only thing i can do, but maybe is not the correct way to have the full html code to copy and paste in to iWeb

in DW i can see the Source code, Simpleviewer.js, jquery-1.4.4.min.js, swfobject.js, sv.css, gallery.xml. But i can see them one per time, so maybe the Source Code i copy is not complete and doesn't contain the images and other things, but i don't know how to see a complete code where everything is included
thank