Topic: some question about TiltViewer Pro

I have TiltViewer on my own host and its working fine but I have some questions to improve it.
1) the images in zoomed out distance are not look well, I think because of the image sizes its like that.  so what size it should be to be suit for both zoomed out and in distances ??  most of my images are 750 or 400 width

2) I tried to change the frame size of the pictures but it did not work.
this is the code I used:

fo.addVariable('frameWidth', '10');

3) Can I have a background image instead of the the colour? if so, how?

Re: some question about TiltViewer Pro

1) With images of width 400px and 700px, the default settings of zoomedInDistance (1400) and zoomedOutDistance (7500) should work well.  If you want the images to appear larger when zoomed out, reduce the zoomedOutDistance value (perhaps try '4500'). It depends on how many rows and columns of images you have on each page of your gallery as to what value might be best for your scenario. However, you should be able to find what you are looking for through trial and error (trying different values).

2) If modifying the 'web' gallery from the TiltViewer Pro download package, be sure to remove the leading '//' from the line of code (which tells the browser to ignore the line and treat the code as a comment). Also, you may need to clear your browser's cache after making any changes.

3) Set the gallery's background to be transparent:

fo.addVariable("bkgndTransparent", "true");

... and set a background using CSS by using something like the following code in the <head> section of your gallery's HTML index page:

<style type="text/css">
  body {
    background-image: url('images/image.jpg');
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for your respond,
1) The numbers you suggested are the default ones which has problems in seeing and is not as clear as the example files are.  Later I will provide a link to see it live.

2) it did not work but is not important at this situation. I would leave it for later too. (when I solved the 3rd problem)

3) I placed the code as you guided but still does not work.  here is the link. have a look please:

I want to put the background image just for the flash content, instead of the black gradient.

With regard to transparency, see 3.1.1 here: … #htmlembed
Essentially, you'll need to add the following lines to your embedding code:

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
fo.addVariable("bkgndTransparent", "true");
fo.addVariable("showFullscreenOption", "false");
Steven Speirs

I made the changes but still shows a black background behind the images. Can you have a look please and let me know what is wrong?

Your gallery should have either:

fo.addVariable("useFlickr", "false");

... or:

fo.addVariable("useFlickr", "true");

Also, try replacing the following (in your CSS):

... with:

background-image: url('Untitled-1.png');
Steven Speirs

I have just checked your TiltViewer SWF file and notice that you are using TiltViewer Pro v1.2.
The transparent background option was introduced in v1.3 and the current version is v1.3.1.

Upgrades are free within the same major version number so you can download the latest version by using the link in your purchase email.
If you cannot find the email or your link has expired, please fill in this form to receive a new link:

Once you swap the 'TiltViewer.swf' file in your gallery with the latest version, the transparent background should work as expected.

Steven Speirs

Thank you for your help, Unfortunately I could not find the email I received and generally no info.  Anyway I changed my plan and will use the normal background colours.

Thanks for you helps