Topic: Caption for pictures

Hi.

Is there a way to unable the wiever from displaying the name/text of a picture when I move my mousecursor over it? I would like the name/text for the picture that is viewed to display all the time until I choose another picture. Could someone please help me with this?

Re: Caption for pictures

Hi
v1.8 displays the caption on click of thumb, just what you need.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks - I'll try that. May be that I'm using an old version of SW smile

i want to display more information when clicking of thumb.like this
title:my home
author:abc
date:09/26/06
can i do that?

Yeap, just add that text into <Caption> title:my home
author:abc
date:09/26/06 </Caption> in your xml
add line breaks if you want

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

thanks flash ho,
and how can i do when i want to display the caption at the bottom of the big picture?
PS:i think it is better if it can be showed the page's number 1,2,3... between the left,right arrow,click page2 then turn to page2....

In StageManager.as

edit this line to something like this

mCaption_mc._y = imgY - mImageArea.height - 100;
Richard

Thanks!

hi, i'm brand new.
1st, i'd like to know how to add a line break in the captions?
i'm on a mac. i open the gallery.xml file in my text editor.
i've tried using '<br>', but it just makes the rest of the code not register properly.

i don't know xml. i know that in html you simply type <br />.

thanks!

2nd: i'd also like to know how to have the caption located under the image rather than the thumbnails.
according to Flash Ho, i need to edit a line in the 'StageManager.as'.
unfortunately i don't have any such file named 'StageManager.as'.
i'm currently using Simpleviewer 1.8.

thanks again to anyone who can help!

steven lim, daly city, CA usa

In StageManager.as

edit this line to something like this

I tried adding this line and it didn't do any thing.
Can you verify?
I've set my main image to be on the left and would like to place the captions right-aligned under the main image.

thanks in advance...

did you publish simpleviwer.fla after you changed the .as file?
and if needed, copied viewer.swf to you gallery folder?

Richard

Thanks!

Yes, of course. The line in the .as file was changed to the code you provided, then the swf file was published from the fla and copied over the original viewer.swf file.  I've published the site, but haven't been able to move the captions under the large rendered image.  The page can be viewed at http://trilliumtribaldance.com/gallery.htm.  Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

The code above will bring your caption below the image. You will need to adjust your x location also. Sorry, I didn't read that you had main image on the left.
try
mCaption_mc._x = imgX ;

for left aligned.

mCaption_mc._x = imgX - mImageArea.width;
then change text box to right align

for right aligned

( some people forget to publish)

Richard

Thanks!

I've overwritten the mCaption_mc lines in StageManager.as to look like this:

mCaption_mc._x = imgX;
mCaption_mc.txtText._width = Options.captionWidth;
mCaption_mc.txtText._height = Options.captionHeight;

Saved the .as file, published the swf from the fla, over-wrote the swf in local staging directory and there is no change.  Any ideas?

I'm stumped, that should work.  unless the text is black smile

try
mCaption_mc._y = imgY - mImageArea.height-10;

Richard

Thanks!

It doesn't seem to make any difference to the rendered view no matter what lines i add to StageManger.as.  Is there something that may be over-riding or negating it to its default view?

The easiest way to tell if your changes are being picked up is to add a trace statement to the StageManager.init() function. If your trace doesn't show when you test the movie you may have a problem with your classpaths. Try re-extracting the PRO zip to a new folder and start again.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.