Topic: Simple Viewer bottom cut off when checking on different computers

If anyone can help,
After creating my photo galleries, I've embedded the HTML code into my website and changed the height from 100% to 80% to fit the pages appropriately. In preview and even after it's been uploaded to the internet, it all looks fine on the computer I created them on, but when I check out my website on other computers, the titles for my pictures are always cut off at the bottom and a large space appears underneath the Simple Viewer. Can't seem to figure out why it keeps doing this. Has this happened to anyone else? Please help if you can. Here's a link to one of the website pages it happens on:

http://theperfectimageofstlouis.com/mis … views.html

I've looked at it on multiple computers, and it seems to look a little different on every one.

Thanks for the help,
Matt Faupel

Re: Simple Viewer bottom cut off when checking on different computers

Your gallery's parent container has a height specified as an absolute pixel value and you have defined your gallery's height to be 80% of this.  The space below the gallery is likely to be the remaining 20% of the parent container.
Try setting the gallery's height to 100% and reducing the height of the parent <div>.

To allow more room for the captions, try reducing the number of thumbnail rows in your gallery.

Other discrepancies between viewing the gallery in different browsers can often be attributed to HTML errors on the page.
You can validate your page using the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors found.
Once the page validates, it will be rendered with greater consistency across different browsers.

Also, your page does not have a Doctype Declaration.
See here for details: http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html
Looking at your code, it would appear that the following one might be most appropriate and should be placed at the very top of your HTML document, before the opening <html> tag.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.