Topic: Multipage website embedding

Hi, am a newbie with coding so here goes. I have created a web site with 'Zara Designer Pro' and my gallery needs to be on the last page which is page 30. I have embedded the code into this page and uploaded all the contents of the gallery folder to the root directory of the website but when I try to access the site from the server the only page that displays in the browser is the gallery page not the website home page. Is this because ther are two index.html files, one for the website itself and the other for the gallery page? If so how do I correct this please.
Best regards Geoff

Re: Multipage website embedding

You can only have one index per folder, you either need to place the gallery in it's own folder and use an iframe to embed it or past the embed code into your existing page. If you need help embedding SimpleViewer into a HTML page please take a look at the SimpleViewer support page.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi, thanks for quick response. I seem to have got round the problem by saving the gallery 'Index Page Name' with another name other than the default 'index.html'
However I now have another slight problem in that the captions for the images do not appear in Safari but appear in FireFox and IE. I guess there are other threads on this but if you have a quick solution then please let me know.
Thanks again, Geoff

However I now have another slight problem in that the captions for the images do not appear in Safari but appear in FireFox and IE.

Please post a URL to your gallery so that we can take a look.

Steven Speirs

Hi, the web address for the site is www.shine-zc.co.uk The gallery is the last page. Hope this is what you wanted?

Regards, Geoff

You have the SimpleViewer embed code in the page twice, try removing on instance of it. Remember to clear your browser's cache after making the change.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED --> 
 </div> 
 <div style="position: absolute; left: 216px; top: 114px; width: 700px; height: 489px; overflow: hidden;"> 
<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true );
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED --> 
Mike Richards

Hi Mike, sorry for late getting back to you. I have removed the instance of the embed code but the captions still do not appear in Safari. Have you any other ideas? Regards, Geoff

Your image captions are displayed (in an overlay) in Safari 5.0.5 on my PC.
Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven, many thanks for your contribution and yes, clearing the cache worked so thanks again. Regards, Geoff