Topic: Border Bugs?

Hey guys.

I've got my SV slideshow successfully running on my devsite, but for some reason I can't apply a 1px border to the <div> without it inserting 1px in between the left border and the image.  Anyone want to peep it in Firebug can see what I'm talking about.

I tried creating a 1px frame in SV (allowing for the extra 2px in each dimension) but when I call it on my webpage I am losing the right border.  Actually, it looks like the slideshow is shifted 1px inside the frame.  Don't know.

Anyone else see this?  I made the border red so it would be easy to see...

http://www.michaelcavotta.com.php5-20.w … headshots/

Re: Border Bugs?

The red border at the right-hand side appears on my PC in Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
However, with IE9, whether or not the red border at the right-hand side is visible is dependent on the size of the browser window.
Try changing the size of the IE9's window horizontally by dragging the edge of the window and you should see the red border at the right-hand side appear and disappear.

I'm not sure what the cause is but to minimize inconsistencies between viewing web pages in different browsers, you can check your web page for HTML errors here: W3C Markup Validation Service and for CSS errors here: W3C CSS Validation Service

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Border Bugs?

Steven Speirs wrote:

The red border at the right-hand side appears on my PC in Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
However, with IE9, whether or not the red border at the right-hand side is visible is dependent on the size of the browser window. Try changing the size of the IE9's window horizontally by dragging the edge of the window and you should see the red border at the right-hand side appear and disappear.

Alas, I'm on a Mac using Safari and FF.

Steven Speirs wrote:

I'm not sure what the cause is but to minimize inconsistencies between viewing web pages in different browsers, you can check your web page for HTML errors here: W3C Markup Validation Service and for CSS errors here: W3C CSS Validation Service

The border looks fine previewed straight out of SV, it's just when it's embedded without change in a WP page that I am seeing this little shift.  I hope I can figure it out, because the slideshow needs a border and there's no reason it doesn't work right. It must have something to do with the Flash, because when I style a <div> and stick SV inside, this is still happening.