Topic: XML file does not update

I am having an issue getting the Simpleviewer XML file to update when I make changes to a gallery in Wordpress.  I have the updated versions of both Wordpress and Simpleviewer (not Pro yet); I clear cache after making changes.

and the clincher is that I look at the associated XML file and the image entries in the XML file, this includes both images and their captions.

The web site is: www.capitalmodern.ca, sample page: http://www.capitalmodern.ca/modern/work … ts-centre/

Any thoughts what could be causing this?

Cheers

Re: XML file does not update

Make sure your '/wp-content/uploads/' has write permissions (777) (as per the installation instructions here).

and the clincher is that I look at the associated XML file and the image entries in the XML file, this includes both images and their captions.

Are you saying that when you examine the XML file, it does contain the updated information but that the gallery does not display it?
If so, then it sounds like your browser's cache has not been completely cleared.
Make sure you are not viewing the page in question when clearing the cache.
Also, you could try viewing the gallery in a different browser (Firefox, IE, Safari or Chrome) - one that has not yet been used to view the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

uploads folder has write permissions

When I check the XML file it does not show the changes that were made to the gallery (both changes to caption and with removed images).  This does not appear to be a cache related issue.

Try editing the post and clicking 'Update' after making the changes.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Already tried that numerous times.  I tied using both the in-post gallery update (save changes) with update post and editing images and captions through the Media menu.

Don't know if I'm having the identical problem, but my WP slideshow says "Gallery XML Not Found" and I don't know why.

http://www.michaelcavotta.com.php5-20.w … ommercial/

Hoping for a solution.