Topic: Picasa Template Won't Accept Modifications to header.xml - help!

I purchased the Pro version and downloaded the Picasa template for SV 2.1.2. However, after modifying the header.xml and exporting the images out of Picasa using the template - the result is the DEFAULT template - not the modified header.xml. I've tried everything. Restarted Picasa, rebooted machine. Really need help on this one. Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I've been using the older Picasa template without any issues for years, but really want to make my galleries appear on the iPad with the new ("modified" header.xml) template. Thanks!

-MJ

Re: Picasa Template Won't Accept Modifications to header.xml - help!

Make sure you do not have duplicate SimpleViewer plugin entries in your Picasa 'web/templates/' folder (and may, therefore, be editing a 'header.xml' file that is not being used).

The file should be located in the '/web/templates/simpleviewer_picasa_template_212/' folder inside the Picasa application folder.

Make sure you clear your browser's cache after making any changes to a gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Make sure you do not have duplicate SimpleViewer plugin entries in your Picasa 'web/templates/' folder (and may, therefore, be editing a 'header.xml' file that is not being used).

The file should be located in the '/web/templates/simpleviewer_picasa_template_212/' folder inside the Picasa application folder.

Make sure you clear your browser's cache after making any changes to a gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have an update that I believe will benefit all users.

Windows 7 users can not EDIT the header.xml file in this directory:

\Program Files\Google\Picasa3\web\templates

due to admin permission restrictions.

You CAN edit the files in a different location - and then paste the files or folder back into that directory.

So what happened to me was that I kept editing the file in my code editor and saved it, but it wouldn't actually "save" due to the directory restriction.