Topic: Prevent saving an image

Hi.
I want to prevent saving an image from SimpleViewer.
Can I do it?

Last edited by masayan (2011-04-29 21:09:07)

Re: Prevent saving an image

You cannot prevent users from taking a screenshot but you can use a Watermark on your images and set showOpenButton="FALSE" and showDownloadButton="FALSE".

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks.
I don't use OpenButton and DownloadButton.
But if your computer not installed FLASH,you can open picture by HTML and can download.
I prevent opeing by HTML.

Last edited by masayan (2011-04-30 02:39:34)

If a user can see your image in a browser, then there will be a way to capture it (via the browser's cache or by taking a screenshot).
Your best course of action would probably be to add a Watermark to the images themselves in an image manipulation program (such as Photoshop) before feeding them to SimpleViewer.
Enabling hotlink protection on your web server would prevent direct linking to images (if a user found the paths to your images in the gallery's XML file) but this would also prevent SimpleViewer from functioning correctly.

Steven Speirs

I will change the way of the question.
Can I select if the computer is not installed FLASH,
not to give anyone see my simpleviewer?

If Adobe Flash player is not supported or installed and you would rather have a 'Please install Adobe Flash Player' message than the gallery be displayed using HTML, then you can embed the SWF file from the SimpleViewer Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_213/web/svcore/swf/simpleviewer.swf') using the following embed code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
    var params = {};            
    params.allowfullscreen = true;
    params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
    params.bgcolor = "222222";
    swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "100%", "100%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>
<div id="flashContent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/">Get Flash</a></div>
Steven Speirs

I hope edit it by next version of svBuilder-Pro.
thank you very much.