Topic: Trouble uploading to ftp

Hi, this is all quite new to me, so the simpler the answer the better if possible!

I've just built a website and have loaded it onto my webhost's FTP. I wanted to use simpleviewer for the gallery page so I installed the latest standard version and created the gallery. However, when I go to upload the simpleviewer files to the FTP, everything uploads fine except for the simpleviewer.js file which refuses to upload. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the webhost or the simpleviewer file. I've asked my webhost and they seem to have any idea why it's not uploading.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Re: Trouble uploading to ftp

Are you uploading via your host's web interface or by using a dedicated FTP program such as FileZilla?
Whichever method you are using, try the other.
Also, who is your web host? Google Sites does not allow uploading of JavaScript files.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi, my webhost is 5 quid host, and they don't mention anything about javascript not being compatible so I'm assuming it should work?

I cannot see anything on 5quidHost's site regarding not allowing JavaScript files.
Have you tried uploading your gallery using FileZilla?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm just about to try that. I'm a bit confused about how the files on Filezilla then connect to the webhost - or is this something I need to talk to 5quidhost about?