Topic: using IPTC / EXIF data

(1) Is it possible in TiltViewer to include XML other elements other than name/description that can be used for text annotation for the image (flip side)?  I was planning to use such elements for ITPC/EXIF data.  I find name/description (just two elements) too limiting.  I'd like to show other/more elements for image text.

I t doesn't matter if those elements are really ITPC/EXIF data since I would generate there values into whatever elements you support. e.g. if the supported element is <foobar/>.  I'll figure out how to get my desired tag into <foobar/>

Is this possible in other viewers?

(2) Is is possible to have TiltViewer (or another) viewer automatically display configured IPTC/EXIF data in-lieu of hardcoded name/description in gallery.xml?

Re: using IPTC / EXIF data

You can use multi-line titles and descriptions.  You can create a new line by using an HTML line break, eg:

<title><![CDATA[Line 1<br>Line 2]]></title>
<description><![CDATA[Line 1<br>Line 2]]></description>

You can also format individual sections within a <title> or <description> by using HTML formatting, eg:

<description><![CDATA[This is a HTML text description. Supported tags are <b>bold</b>, <u>underline</u>, <i>italics</i>, linebreaks<br>and <font color="#ff0000" size="60">font tags</font>. Hyperlinks are not supported.]]></description>

No viewers are currently able to extract IPTC/EXIF data automatically and use it as a caption.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.