Topic: Can the "Compact" theme display different resolutions/aspect ratios?

Been trying to set up SimpleViewer in Compact mode (so as to present it on an existing web page) and have run into a bit of frustration. My images are oriented 800x600 and 600x800 and I'd like them to display with the proper orientation depending on dimensions. However, in Compact mode they're stretched and/or cropped to fit what is apparently a fixed dimension and look horrible. Using the Modern theme they display correctly though.

I thought this was a problem with my CSS and have spent a bunch of time finagling with it to get the correct display... now I'm wondering if it's even possible or if it's just a limitation of the compact theme? The demo appears to display in just one dimension.

Re: Can the "Compact" theme display different resolutions/aspect ratios?

Ah, I did just find the answer in the FAQ. Wish this was made more clear from the outset.

Glad you found the FAQ.
For others, here it is: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #general_4

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

So I've cropped all my images to identical dimensions. However Simpleviewer is still cropping & stretching them to fit a near-square landscape size in compact mode. Was assuming if I set the image size in svBuilder that would be the custom dimension used across my gallery... however now wondering if I'm just stuck with the default. Is this the case?

Unless the images have exactly the same aspect ratio as the image area, then the images will be cropped using the 'COMPACT' gallery style.
Use 'CLASSIC' or 'MODERN' instead to ensure your images are not cropped.
SimpleViewer-Pro has an imageScaleMode option, details of which can be found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #mainimage

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.