Topic: How to display external SWFs with their correct Stage size??

Simple question:
Is it possible in SimpleViewer to load external SWFs and only display their Stage area?

I am using SimpleViewer 1.7 and want to use it to display other Flash files (which is possible) but, when loading the external SWF in, SimpleViewer seams it doesn't read the Stage size of the SWF but instead it looks at everything happening in the SWF timeline.

So, if in the external SWF there are any elements outside of the stage area, the Viewer will see them and will squeeze the total size when loading the external SWF in.
Even if you try to mask the elements that go off the stage.   :cry:

The obvious solution is to try and keep everything inside the Stage (in the external SWF) so it displays correctly when loaded into the Viewer.

But I hope someone out there has a better solution,
because I would like to use the SimpleViewer to display Flash animations and I can't because it loads the external SWFs with weird sizes!   :x

Is this rectifiable in SimpleViewer or is it a native Flash problem?

Re: How to display external SWFs with their correct Stage size??

As far as I know it will render everything on the timeline. Do you have access to the external fla's? If so, you can place everything that is outside of the stage area as guides and they will not show when you publish it.
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Re: How to display external SWFs with their correct Stage size??

Try putting your animation inside a movieclip, then place that movieclip on the main timeline.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.