Topic: Desktop version of svManager

I am going to upgrade to SV Pro.

(1) Is there an equivalent of svManager that runs as a Mac OS X application.  I assume that svManager just manages a sv directory and gallery.xml, etc on a server with PHP.

(2) I am using the Lightroom 3 plugin to configure SV (free version).  When I upgrade to SV Pro will I see all the SV Pro options in the LR 3 UI.   ???

I prefer to manage my SV galleries locally (on my Mac) then upload them.  I'm running a JSP app, not a PHP.

Thanks.

Re: Desktop version of svManager

I assume that svManager just manages a sv directory and gallery.xml, etc on a server with PHP.

Yes. svManager is able to create and edit AutoViewer, PostcardViewer, SimpleViewer and TiltViewer galleries and is, indeed, a PHP web application.
What you are probably looking for is svBuilder-Pro (which comes with SimpleViewer Pro) which is able to create and edit SimpleViewer Pro galleries.
This is an Adobe Air application (requiring Adobe Air v2.0 or later) which runs on your desktop and has all the SimpleViewer Pro Options available in the user interface.

When I upgrade to SV Pro will I see all the SV Pro options in the LR 3 UI.   ???

No. You would need to edit the gallery's XML file manually (or edit the gallery using svBuilder-Pro) after the gallery has been created in order to use any Pro Options.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.