Topic: Using simpleviewer with web builder 7

I am using Webbuilder 7 to create my sites it has extensions (add-ons) that you can add to your site that makes creating such things as galleries easier and faster. They have a wrap around for the non pro version of simpleviewer 2.0.3, it works a treat however, the galleries do not function with Ipads and other non flash browsers/devices and so I was wondering if I purchased the pro version could I still use the built in simpleviewer that I have as an extension on my webbuilder 7 and maybe change the code or add some script in order for the use the Ipad capabilities of simpleviewer pro?

Please see here:

The Code That it generates for me looks like this:

<div id="SimpleViewer"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
   var flashvars = {};
   var params = {};
   flashvars.galleryURL = "endygal.xml";
   flashvars.preloaderColor = "0x000000";
   params.wmode = "transparent";
   params.allowFullScreen = "true";
   params.allowScriptAccess = "always";
   swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "SimpleViewer", "701px", "444px", "8", false, flashvars, params);

What I really want to know is using this method, can I tweak the code or add any other code or script to enable it to work on Ipads as well, the web builder version does include info on using the pro sipleviewer it says to purchase a copy of the sipleviewer pro, then open the free wrap around version within the web builder 7 program, click on the pro button, find the new simpleviewer pro folder on my computer, then click on the simpleviewer.swf file and add it, this in effect makes the simpleviewer pro version as it replaces the old swf file with the new one (it says that this will only remove the simpleviewer link), but will this file also action the universale (ipad) capabilities too. or are there other files created to action this and if so. could I just add these instead of re-doing the galleries or using the sipleviewer pro program itself as I really like the ease of use that I get with my web builder 7, and I know because it's generating everything that it will work when published.

Sorry for the long winded post, hope someone can help. Thanks Sean

Last edited by sean31 (2011-05-11 09:16:12)

Re: Using simpleviewer with web builder 7

In order to support Universal Playback (for mobile devices and browsers that do not have Adobe Flash Player installed), SimpleViewer now requires several files (not just a single SWF file) which are contained in a folder named 'svcore'.
You could replace the 'simpleviewer.swf' file with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_213/web/svcore/').
The embedding code you posted should also be changed for the new style.
The equivalent to what you posted would be:

var flashvars={};
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "701", "444", "transparent", true, flashvars);
<div id="sv-container"></div>

The WYSIWYG Web Builder extension is downloadable only for registered users so I am unable to download and examine the files and , therefore, cannot instruct you as how to to adapt the extension to integrate the new version of SimpleViewer.
However, the information I have given above and the SimpleViewer Embedding Guide should point you in the right direction: … dding.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.