Topic: Toggle Flash?

In large galleries with hundreds of photos, I'd like to give users the ability to see full pages of thumbnails only, so they can scan the gallery quickly -- no large image displayed along with the thumbs. This is similar to what I see when I set up a gallery with Flash disabled -- the page is filled with thumbnails.

I'd also like users to be able to start an auto-play slide show, by turning Flash on if it's disabled -- ideally from the point where they locate an image or group of images, but this is not absolutely necessary. The slide show could start from the beginning.

Is there a way to enable a button to turn Flash on and off? Can this be done?

Other suggestions?

Last edited by scorendesign (2011-05-15 20:57:07)

Re: Toggle Flash?

Using the following code will initially display a Mobile (non-Flash gallery) and the button below the gallery will toggle the display, reloading the gallery alternately using Flash and the Mobile player.

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
function loadGallery(useFlash) {
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', useFlash);
var toggle=false;
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<input type="button" value="Toggle Display" onClick="toggle=!toggle; loadGallery(toggle);">

You could also use the SimpleViewer Pro API to determine the current image (using the getImageIndex() method) and pass this onto the loadGallery() function above, setting the firstImageIndex as a flashvar to keep the current image when the 'Toggle' button is clicked.
See here for details on the API: … t/api.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.