Topic: Captions not exporting to xml from Wordpress

I'm using SimpleViewer 2.1.3 in Wordpress 3.1.2 and have created a couple of galleries. The images all come through as expected. However I then decided to add some captions for the images, I've filled in the data to the image but it hasn't come through into the gallery. Is there any way to force an xml update and fill in the caption data?

Or am I going to need to edit them by hand.

Thanks

Re: Captions not exporting to xml from Wordpress

After entering the captions into the 'Caption' fields in the Media Library, 'Edit' the post containing the gallery and click 'Update'.
Also, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery in order to see any changes made.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi, I tried and tried, reloaded galleries etc, cleared cache, finally managed to get one caption to show, but no other images will show their captions. Captions were added via Media, to the images Captions field, saved etc, but still dont display.

Gallery http://www.supercivil.com.au/projects Simpleviewer 2.1.3, WP 3.1.2, any ideas what the problem might be? Image 2 and the last image in that gallery have captions, but they are not displaying.

Thanks in advance,

Jill

PS yes I did originally post this in wrong forum section, so I shifted it  smile
And yes I have updated the gallery, didnt help

Last edited by jamncream (2011-05-20 05:23:40)

The following sequence should work to add a caption to an image in an existing gallery.
(1) Choose 'Media -> Library' from the WordPress Dashboard
(2) 'Edit' an image
(3) Add the caption to the 'Caption' field
(4) Click 'Update Media'
(5) Choose 'Posts' from the WordPress Dashboard
(6) 'Edit' the post containing the gallery
(7) Click 'Update'
(8) Clear your browser's cache
(9) View gallery

Ensure that your 'wp-content/uploads/' folder has full access permissions (777).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.