Topic: Place background in the middle of the site!!

Hi all!

I want to place my background image (1600x550 pixels)
in the middle of the galery.

If i ad it in the backgroungImagePath it will size down to the frame format
and looks very bad!

I´ve purchased the Pro-Version.

Need a fast anwer!
THANK YOU.

Sascha (Germany)

Re: Place background in the middle of the site!!

hi,
place your background in your html page and make SV viewer.swf vmode transparent.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

To avoid resizing the background image, edit the Pro Source Code.
In StageManager.as, comment out the code in the resizeBkgnd() function.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hi... i have the same problem of my background image (despite its huge dimension) getting stretched into an ugly mass.. just came across your solution of 'commenting out' the code.. could you please explain how to do this.. i tried deleting.. (sorry, not so technically gifted) and i was left with just the grey bg with none of my thumbs+images loaded.. if there's an easier way out for pro 1.9 users, pls do share. thanks a ton.
ps: i have disabled fixedlayout for my gallery display. wish to keep that to resize as per browser window, while keep background as fixed and steady. hope it's possible.

commenting out involves putting 2 forward slashes ( // ) at the beginning of the line of code or /* the code */ around a chunk of code. This will tell Flash to ignore this piece of code. Once you have done this you need to save and republish your viewer.swf file.

line 333

//resizeBkgnd();

line 368

//resizeBkgnd();

or

lines 373-376

/*if (mXMLManager.backgroundImagePath != null && mBkgndLoaded && !Options.fixedLayout){
            mBkgnd_mc._width = Stage.width;
            mBkgnd_mc._height = Stage.height;
        }*/
Mike Richards

Hi similar problem, but I want to tile the background image as if it was an HTML page.

Any code for that?

Hi,

tiling background image is not supported. The workaround would be to load a background SWF that tiles your image.

Felix Turner

I see, thanks.

I'll look into it.