Topic: Simpleviewer 2 Flash cache

I am having a Falsh cache problem. When I update a gallery I can't see the new version online. It works fine locally. I believe that somewhere along the line the page is being cached. In the past I would put this in the embed code "flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml?nocache" does this still work and what would be the proper formatting? I have restarted the computer flushe browser cache with no results. Thanks!

Re: Simpleviewer 2 Flash cache

I have restarted the computer flushe browser cache with no results.

If you truly have cleared your browser's cache and see no difference in the gallery, then the changes you have made have not taken effect.
If you are in doubt that your browser's cache has, in fact, been cleared, then try viewing the gallery in a different browser - one that has not yet been used to view the gallery (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome).

Also, make sure when you upload a gallery that you overwrite the existing files.  If in doubt, delete the existing files first before uploading the new ones.

With regard to your 'nocache' query, you could try something like the following:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL="gallery.xml?nocache=" + Math.random();
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.