Topic: Changing Permalink in Wordpress Breaks Image Links - SVPro 2.1.3

My gallery was working, until I changed the permalink from:

http://www.steveshapirophotography.com/flowers

To a submenu item:

http://www.steveshapirophotography.com/ … io/flowers

At which point all the images turned into little white X's

I'm using wp-simpleviewer to hold the svcore folder, which is linked to from the embed code in a WordPress template. The gallery folders are also in separate directories. Here is the embed code:

<script type="text/javascript">
     var flashvars = {};
     flashvars.galleryURL = "http://www.steveshapirophotography.com/wp-content/gallery/<?php the_title(); ?>/gallery.xml";
     simpleviewer.ready(function () {
     simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "900px", "80%", "4d4d4d", true, flashvars, null, null, false);
     });
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>

The gallery folders are in wp-content/gallery. The php in the embed code pulls the title of the gallery to create the URL, and seems to be working.

I was using SV Pro 2.1.2, and upgraded to 2.1.3 when I had the problem, but it persisted.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Changing Permalink in Wordpress Breaks Image Links - SVPro 2.1.3

In the code you currently use, all relative URLs are relative to the HTML page containing the embedding code and, in changing the location of this page (into a subfolder), relative links will break.
You could avoid this by either using absolute URLs for your images in the gallery's XML file or by using a baseURL, which tells the viewer that all relative URLs to gallery content (including images, thumbnails and XML) will be relative to this URL.
See these pages for details:
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … .html#html
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Changing Permalink in Wordpress Breaks Image Links - SVPro 2.1.3

I thought I'd done my due diligence by adding the absolute URL to the first image, but must have gotten the path wrong. I rewrote it, and it worked -- but even better, baseURL worked! I'd read about that feature, but thought it was just another way of writing galleryURL. I'm very happy, thank you!