Topic: Caption word overflow not displayed...how to fix?

Hi

I have a gallery that has the captions on the right hand side of the main image.
I have inputted 147 words into the image caption section but only 17 words on 5 lines display!
I have a large 250 wide x 500 high caption section defined but the words don't fill it.
Can anyone help resolve this?
Also, the caption section is square whilst all the other options have rounded corners, is there an option (I can't find) to make this section rounded..thge work around would be to not have a background color I guess.

Here's the xml. file code.

snip>>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<simpleviewergallery title="NUDE MICROPHONES" captionTextAlignment="LEFT" enableCaptionLinks="true" backButtonY="20" autoPlayThumbs="false" showAutoPlayStatus="false" lockTopStack="false" showImageNumber="false" showToolTips="false" thumbHoverFrameWidth="4" imageClickMode="NONE" showOpenButton="false" backgroundColor="333333" frameWidth="3" autoPlayOnLoad="false" stageVPadding="22" titleBackOpacity="0" stageBorder="20" captionPadding="10" captionFontName="Georgia, serif" captionBackOpacity=".5" playAudioOnLoad="true" captionWidth="250" captionHeight="1500" titleDropShadow="true" imagePreloading="ALL" thumbColumns="6" backButtonText="FAQ" titleTextAlignment="CENTER" imageTransitionTime="1" imageDropShadow="true" showThumbLoadBar="false" doThumbPopOut="false" thumbFrameColor="F2FFBF" imageNavColor="333333" dropShadowStrength=".5" thumbPosition="BOTTOM" thumbNavPosition="CENTER" buttonBarHAlign="CENTER" buttonBarPosition="RIGHT" changeCaptionOnHover="true" floatCaption="false" imageScaleMode="SCALE_UP" backButtonBackOpacity=".5" showThumbVisited="false" thumbDropShadow="true" thumbFrameStyle="ROUNDED" captionFontColor="F2FFBF" lockBottomStack="true" captionDropShadow="false" imageNumberFontSize="14" captionFontSize="11" captionPosition="RIGHT" backButtonURL="http://www.sounddesignsolutions.com" backButtonBackColor="000000" backButtonFontColor="F2FFBF" backButtonFontSize="12" showBackButton="true" thumbNavStyle="BIG" thumbNavHoverColor="F2FFBF" thumbNavColor="E5E566" thumbRows="1" thumbFrameHoverColor="FFFFFF" imageNavScale="1" imageNavStyle="BIG" showImageNav="HOVER" showOverlay="NEVER" imageBackOpacity="0" imageTransitionType="NONE" imageCornerRadius="20" imageFrameStyle="ROUNDED" frameColor="F2FFBF" titleFontColor="F2FFBF" buttonBarHoverColor="F2FFBF" buttonBarColor="FFFFFF" buttonBarBackColor="000000" buttonBarScale="1" showAudioButton="false" showAutoPlayButton="false" showNavButtons="false" showDownloadButton="false" titleBackColor="990000" titlePosition="TOP" titleFontSize="28" titleFontName="Georgia, serif" indexPageName="FeaturedProjects_NUDEMICROPHONES.html" cropToFit="false" resizeOnImport="true" useFlickr="false"> -<image linkTarget="_blank" linkURL="images/stereo ribbon.JPG" thumbURL="thumbs/stereo ribbon.JPG" imageURL="images/stereo ribbon.JPG"> -<caption>
<![CDATA[STEREO RIBBON MICROPHONE<br>COMPRISED OF TWO PERFECTLY MATCHED RIBBON MICROPHONES MOUNTED AS CLOSE AS IS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE <ONE ABOVE THE OTHER> AND EACH AIMED 45 DEGREES FROM CENTRE. THIS IS WHAT IS TERMED A BLUMLIEN STEREO ARRAY MICROPHONE. IT IS PHENOMENAL FOR CLOSE MICING OF ALMOST ANY SOURCE I’VE PRESENTED IT WITH BUT PARTICULARLY SHINES USED AS A DRUM OVERHEAD OR FOR CAPTURING AN ORCHESTRA OR ENSEMBLE AND THE ASSOCIATED ROOM AMBIENCE. THIS IS A BRAND NEW <NUDE I.E. NO BRANDING> AND COMES FINELY PRESENTED IN AN ALUMINIUM FLIGHT CASE CONTAINING THE MICROPHONE IN A HEAVILY PADDED SOFT CASE, 5 METRE <5PIN> CABLE AND PASSIVE SPLIT BOX TO 3PIN XLR OUTS, A SOLID SHOCK MOUNT AND A POP FILTER. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE MOST VERSATILE MICROPHONES YOU WILL EVER OWN. I LIKE TO CALL THEM THE SWISS ARMY MICROPHONE FOR THE WELL INFORMED RECORDING ENGINEER.]]>
</caption> </image> -<image linkTarget="_blank" linkURL="images/EV27_Copy.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/EV27_Copy.jpg" imageURL="images/EV27_Copy.jpg"> -<caption>
<![CDATA[]]>
</caption> </image> -<image linkTarget="_blank" linkURL="images/rectangular ribbon.JPG" thumbURL="thumbs/rectangular ribbon.JPG" imageURL="images/rectangular ribbon.JPG"> -<caption>
<![CDATA[]]>
</caption> </image> -<image linkTarget="_blank" linkURL="images/Rect_Pair_On_Spaced_Pair_Bar.JPG" thumbURL="thumbs/Rect_Pair_On_Spaced_Pair_Bar.JPG" imageURL="images/Rect_Pair_On_Spaced_Pair_Bar.JPG"> -<caption>
<![CDATA[]]>
</caption> </image> -<image linkTarget="_blank" linkURL="images/Single_Fathead.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/Single_Fathead.jpg" imageURL="images/Single_Fathead.jpg"> -<caption>
<![CDATA[]]>
</caption> </image> -<image linkTarget="_blank" linkURL="images/Round_Flat_Ribbons_On_XY_Bar.JPG" thumbURL="thumbs/Round_Flat_Ribbons_On_XY_Bar.JPG" imageURL="images/Round_Flat_Ribbons_On_XY_Bar.JPG"> -<caption>
<![CDATA[]]>
</caption> </image> </simpleviewergallery>

>>snip

all help appreciated

Regards

Hugh

Re: Caption word overflow not displayed...how to fix?

Your caption includes the text:

POSSIBLE <ONE ABOVE THE OTHER> AND

You'll need to escape the '<' and '>' characters by replacing them with '&lt;' and '&gt;' respectively, ie:

POSSIBLE &lt;ONE ABOVE THE OTHER&gt; AND

See this FAQ for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#custom_2

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.