Topic: how to display mobile version only to mobile viewers?

hi there
just paid for the pro bundle and finished my first slideshow which is working great,
when looked at via a normal pc/laptop

i then  looked at it on my iphone and has the "you need to flash to view" big grey square

i was under the understanding that it would autmatically play the mobile version if someone accessed on a iphone / ipad?

is this the case
or must it be published as non flash for both for it to work on an iphone / ipad?

disapoointing if thats the case
as the flash version is obviously way nicer and the majority of visitors wont be using iphone/ipad

anyway appreciate some direction on this

Thanks

Re: how to display mobile version only to mobile viewers?

As long as you use SimpleViewer Pro v2.1.3 and use the embedding code found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … html#embed with the useFlash Embed Code Parameter set to 'true', then the gallery will be displayed using Flash if Adobe Flash Player is detected, otherwise, it will fallback to the Mobile Player, displaying the gallery using HTML (for mobile devices and browsers that do not have Flash Player installed). This all happens automatically with no need to tailor a gallery towards mobile devices when creating it.
Try using svBuilder-Pro with all default settings and such a gallery should be created.
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … uilderpro/

You mention that you have purchased the Pro bundle.
Please note that AutoViewer Pro, PostcardViewer Pro and TiltViewer Pro require Flash Player and do not feature the Universal Playback functionality.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hi steven thanks for the quick reply!

aaah ok
figured it would have ti be automated in some way, didnt make sene otherwise

but yes using auto viewer pro

hmm seems to me would be a great/logical idea to have these default to the same non flash viewer also...

is this possible currently?

while auto viewer is great it kinda defeats the purposer if its completely inaccessible to growing iphone/ipad market

so with same universal playback at last iphone/ipad  users would see somehting ...

thoughts? thanks again!

but yes using auto viewer pro

hmm seems to me would be a great/logical idea to have these default to the same non flash viewer also...

is this possible currently?

Autoviewer-Pro does not currently support Universal Playback.
However, you can configure a SimpleViewer gallery to resemble AutoViewer-Pro in certain respects.
You can disable thumbnails by setting thumbPosition="NONE".
You can make the images slide in from the sides by setting imageTransitionType="SLIDE".
You can have the slide show autoplay by setting autoPlayOnLoad="TRUE".

For all possible SimpleViewer Pro configuration options, please see here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tions.html

You can use the live preview in svBuilder-Pro to see how your gallery looks as you change these options via the interface.

Steven Speirs

Hi, can i apply any of these tricks to tiltviewer pro?

TiltViewer-Pro is a Flash-only gallery and does not support Universal Playback, i.e. the gallery will not be displayed on mobile devices or in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled.

Steven Speirs