Topic: emeb issues: thumbs cut off and image not quite resizing properly

Hi:
I've made a suite of galleries, which all preview perfectly across multiple browsers/resoultions.

When I embed them within a flexible, 100% size centered container within my css web page, however, two problems show up:

1.the last couple of rows of thumbnails are cut off (this previews fine in live view in Dreamweaver CS5, but does not survive browsing via safari or Firefox on the mac, or via explorer, safari or Firefox in Windows.

2. the main image which scales to fit window perfectly in the gallery html, drops below teh page "fold" across all browsers/platforms.

I have tried embedding the html outside any divs, to no effect whatsoever.

Uploading to a test server with all assets shows identical problems

test site is here, with all files available:

http://www.douglockyer.com/tests/svtest … logos.html

I am attaching the embed code also:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Re: emeb issues: thumbs cut off and image not quite resizing properly

I have since fixed the thumbnail cutoff issue by opening up all the css and html for the gallery and entering 100% values for height and width.

main image is still displaying too large for low rez screens and is not scaling as per the un-embedded sv gallery.

FRUSTRATING!!!!

well I have since fixed the image scale issue by setting the parent container div (the one that holds the embedded html) to a height of 80%. This works absolutely perfectly for scaling the main image, EXCEPT it now cuts off 20% of the thumbnails, so when you scroll to see more thumbs, you don't!

Is there a fix, preferably in my holding page html, where I can set the main image height only to 80%, while leaving the gallery set at 100%

alternatively, can i set the overflow to be visible somewhere? This would leave my image scaled perfectly but my thumbs visible after the gallery cutoff.

Thumbnails are not resized dynamically like the main image is.
You are currently using 6 rows of thumbnails (and have the thumbnail navigation arrows beneath them) and if the user's browser window is not large enough to accommodate the height required to display 6 rows of thumbnails, then cut-off will occur.
Try reducing the value of thumbRows in your gallery's XML file.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.